More (gently used) winter reading FS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Used books on Western/US history, military, outdoors, and African topics. ALL PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING TO CONUS ZIP CODES.

To order, put an "I'll take book(s) #s____" ON THIS THREAD as a "reply." Then I'll acknowledge your order on the thread, mark the books SPF on the ad, and PM you my address and "legal" name for payment. I take cash, personal checks made out to me, and all MOs. I DON'T TAKE credit cards, PayPal, or instant payments like ApplePay (Sorry, I'm a dinosaur.). I try to ship books the next mail day after payment arrives.

Please ask questions or make comments by PM only. I try to answer right away.

TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK OR BOOKS YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE. (I save a little postage on multiple book orders).

Western/US history books

1) "1776" by David McCullough. SOF

2) SPF "Stonewall in the Valley: Jackson's Shenandoah Valley Campaign, Spring 1862" by Robert G. Tanner.

3)SPF "C.S.S. 'Alabama': Builder, Captain, and Plans" by Charles Grayson Summersett.

4) SPF "Dzelarhoues: Myths of the NW Coast" by Anne Cameron.

5) "The San Francisco Earthquake" by Gordon Thomas and Max Morgan Witts. The biggest thing in the "City by the Bay" since the Gold Rush generated as many myths and legends, heroes and villains, as the Gold Rush did. Using previously unpublished records and eyewitness accounts, the authors try to untangle some unlovely truths about an event everyone agrees WILL happen again. HB 316 pp. exc. reading cond. w/worn dust jacket. Illus w/aps and many b/w photos from the event and its aftermath. $6

6) SPF "Mines of the High Desert" by Ronald Dean Miller.

7) SPF "America in the Air War" by Edward Jablonski.

8) SPF "Enter the Dragon: China's Undeclared War Against the US in Korea, 1950-51" by Russell Spurr.

African topics

9) SPF "The Boer War" by Thomas Pakenham.

10) SPF "The Safari Companion: A Guide to Watching African Mammals" revised ed. by Richard Estes.

11) "The Green Hills of Africa" by Ernest Hemingway.
Military topics

12)SPF "US Army Combat Skills Handbook" by Dept. of the Army.

13) SPF "Red Victory: A History of the Russian Civil War" by W. Bruce Lincoln.

14) SPF "Soldiers of the Sun: the Rise and Fall of the Imperial Japanese Army" by Meirion and Susie Harris.

15) SPF "Battleships and Battle Cruisers" by Richard Humble.

16) SPF "Topgun Fighters and Jets" Covers America's fighter, attack, reconnaissance/spy, jet trainers, and electronic warfare jets at the end of the Cold War.

US Outdoor Topics

17) SPF "The Old Outboard Book, rev. and expanded ed." by Peter Hunn.

18) SPF "Great Fishing Tackle Catalogs of the Golden Age" ed. Samuel Meiner and Herman Kessler.

19) "Gray's Sporting Journal 'Fly Fishing Edition' 2017" The March/April special edition of this high-end, magnificently illustrated magazine with the usual superb writing, color photography, and original painted illustrations like all sporting magazines "used to have." 8 1/2 x11" magazine format. 128 pp. in new cond. in publisher's shipper. $6

20) "Autumn Across America" by Edwin Way Teale. Classic 1950 book by one of the most popular nature writers of the 20th century. Teale travels from Maine to California describing the critters, plants, people, and landscapes he experiences. 20K miles of nature as it was. HB 404 pp. exc. reading cond. w/worn dust jacket. Illus w/maps and 49 b/w photos of the journey. $5

21) SPF "The Watermen" by James Michener.

22) SPF "These Canyons Are Full of Ghosts: The Last of the Death Valley Prospectors" by Emmett C. Harder.

Thanks for reading my usual windy post!

DON'T FORGET to take $1 off each book you order after the first one!

Mike Armstrong

Books #s 6 and 22 SPF to AJGUNNER

#11 to rustydog

#s 7, 8, 9, and 10 to flyinfred

#s 1, 4, 16, 17 and 21 to sebtool

#s 2 and 3 SPF to tt66.

Thanks for buying, guys! Answers to your PMs on the way!

Mike Armstrong

Hi if you can wait until Tuesday for me to mail payment I will take #18 I'm getting on a plane in a few hours for a little R+R PM me if that is OK and send payment info

Thanks Gramps