MK ll 4 inch barrel differences

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The MK4B, MK4BL, KMK4BL and Franken-Ruger are great little pistols. A friend of mine had a MK4B with the thumb rest grip, he was left-handed, so he ordered a set of left-handed thumb rest grips and used the flat panels to make it work better for him. I told him to use a set of standard MK2 grips to make it more useable for himself. I am really surprised that they were not more popular. If carried in the right holster it's a great field pistol and if you are a good enough shot it can bag a squirrel with no problem.

Attachments

• 1 pair MK4B's.jpg
    1 pair MK4B's.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 48

Quick Draw

Bearcat
Here's a rare MK IV 4"barrel.
OK It's a standard 5.5" target model with a 3.5" Volquartsen threaded barrel.
I still like the looks of it. And it should make a great suppressor host as well.
IMG_2212.jpg

Here are 4 nice examples of the MK4B, MK4BL and a Franken-Ruger KMK4BL look alike. I think this configuration is one of the handiest Ruger pistols ever made. Especially since it's on the Mark 2 frame. The Mark 1 does not stay open on the last shot as we all know as Ruger aficionados. The Mark 3 is a lawyer inspired let's not get sued model and the Mark 4 is a great idea for the ease of takedown and reassembly. I would like to see the MK4B and KMK4B offered in the Mark 4 lineup, but it probably will not happen. Simply Rugged made a great high ride holster for it and I would like to see them make a copy of the Lawrence 120 holster for it as well. With any one of these great little .22 pistols and a couple of extra magazines you are set for a nice walk in the woods.

Attachments

• 4 MK4B's.jpg
    4 MK4B's.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 53

wproct

Single-Sixer
Well, this isn't a stock version, but this is my Volquartsen Custom Match Carry that is quite similar.

Attachments

• Volquartsen Match Carry.jpg
    Volquartsen Match Carry.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts