MK II price

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
Purchased in '88 for 156 bucks, tax included, a plain Jane 4.75" brl blue M2.

Comes like new w/little use, 2 mags, yeller box, all paperwork including the written sales reciept w/serial number, NRA postcard, another postcard and the clear plastic that I guess the pistol was wrapped in while in the box..

Also a cheap, plastic, foam lined gun box and what appears to be about 100 rnds of ammo to boot.

I don't have a clue what these go for, so I thought I'd ask the experts.

Just a ballpark price as it's not a collectors piece though it's real clean and appears to be all there.

The cardboard container for the extra mag is even there and was priced @ $12.95 and found the cash register reciept for the whole shootin' match coming in at 172 clams and change in May of '88.

Rat76

Single-Sixer
I picked up this MKII Target with scope for $325 a couple of years ago at a local Gun Show.

Mk-II18.jpg

Used of course, one mag, no box & no papers. At the time I figured that MKII at low retail for a new MKIII was a pretty good deal particularly when you figure in the scope.

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
Yours is sportin' some fancy stocks compared to my factory plastic.

Anywho, I bought the MK2, a M-49 Ithaca & a Fuji collapsible/hinged frame Mnt bike in the deal.

A combo platter assortment package.

The bike is no lightweight, but it'll fold up so you can throw it in a decent sedan size trunk or back seat.

I need to ride it and donate a few of these spare pounds that I appear to be holding on to for hard times...

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Nicksterdemus, is yours set up like the one above, not the optics, but the same slim tapered barrel, etc? Fixed or adjustable rear sight?

Just wondering. I've got no idea of the value of these myself, but am thinking of one, or one like it.

-- Sam

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
Mine is 4.75" tapered brl w/fixed sights & blued.

Grooved silver coloured trg, ser # 214-2435X

Black, plastic checkered stocks w/silver moniker/byrd/Phoenix rising or whatever that thing is and the same on the bottom of the magazines.

Has the same indention on either side to ease in retracting the bolt, 10 rnd mags and a manual bolt lock on the left side per differences/upgrade from the MK 1.

I haven't shot it, but I understand that they bolt will lock open w/last rnd fired.

Same type of sight pinned to the collar that wraps around the brl except it looks like his sight has been ground flat.

Mine has a 45 degree angle from the front that goes to a much smaller flat top, so I figure his might have been cut down coz of his optics.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Well, a new MkIII like you describe sells for about $300. Saw one at another dealer for $320. MkIIs are sometimes more desirable than MkIIIs due to the new features, so... Pick your ballpark value in that area.

-- Sam

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
Dang, I paid 300 clams for the sampler platter, so I guess I made out like a bandit.

He sold me the pistol & rifle for 200 bucks and I threw him another C-note for the bike coz he needed the funds.

Haven't fired the pistola, but I've shot almost a box worth from the little single shot saddle gun & it's a hoot shooting match longs.

Thanks one n all for the posts...

Latest posts