Me and Blackie have become one!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Yes after a couple of days of good shooting my Super Blackhawk .44 Mag and I have melded together into a great 50 yd. shooter.
Just relax seated in my chair with revolver and wrist propped on knee and smaller steel targets are a satisfying hit most the time.
My country neighbor stopped by with his new steel squirrel target and we hung it up.
He shooting with his scoped Ruger 10/22 and me with ol' Blackie.
After two loud barks from his 7.5 inch barrel the squirrel target rang out while cart wheeling off the hook.
Yep we got the job done!

Great shooting revolver that Blackhawk is!

Oh and Blackie is a rescue gun from a dusty corner of the local gun shop used gun showcase.
He has his "forever" home and loves my hand loaded food!
xV6Ehd8.jpg

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Time to put up a bird feeder and be prepared for squirrel season!

SAJohn

Hunter
My answer to that silly old question "if you could have only one handgun..." is a Super Blackhawk .44 magnum.

p.s., I have a Model 29-2 which is a work of art but it would go before my old Super.

John

Major T

Blackhawk
My bride gave me a 50th Anniversary for our 50th anniversary a few years ago. I may have been lucky(with both wife and revolver) but mine is fit and finished as well as any model 29 ever made. When they were introduced, we were in college and too poor to pay attention. It does need custom grips as does my SS flat top .44 Special. The gun fighters are a little skimpy.

Jack