Matching Leather Gear (Field Gear)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

countryboy

Single-Sixer
I thought I'd post some pictures of some gear I have been working on for myself. I did a freehand carving on each piece of a vine and leaf. I usually leave the leather carving to my wife Kay but since this was for me and a very simple design, I figured I'd give it a go. I just wanted something simple that looked kind of old school anyway. Nothing fancy but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

Field holster for a Ruger 22/45.
2akcrhv.jpg

bdp2zo.jpg

Neck/pocket sheath for a small ML drop point. I'm really Liking this sheath. It works great for neck carry or in the pocket. It can also be tied to a possibles bag or the lace can be used to make a belt loop.
2ztkrdl.jpg

15fp0gm.jpg

Small compact wallet.
2ijovmf.jpg

s4rtwx.jpg

2hiccug.jpg

countryboy

Single-Sixer
LSCG said:
great work Ryan!

I sure do love the holster and belt you made me! they're really holding up well.

Thanks Zane.

I'm glad the gear is working well for you. I'm still enjoying my beautiful grips!
I had a local fella come over the other day to discuss a holster and we got to talking 1911 grips. I gave him your company name and he wrote it down so he could look you up on the net.

I like that simple, bold natural design. And I really like the neck knife and sheath. I never carry a knife that way but do carry a similar rig in my pocket some times. Handy, and only takes one hand in case your other one is "otherwise occupied." Great work.

Eaglestroker

Single-Sixer
Ryan, I think you did an awesome job on all of those. The carving is unique and simple - can see other folks wanting something similar. Your stitching really pops out as impeccable.

countryboy

Single-Sixer
Eaglestroker said:
Ryan, I think you did an awesome job on all of those. The carving is unique and simple - can see other folks wanting something similar. Your stitching really pops out as impeccable.

Thanks Robert!