Mark III Hunter problem ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boubou

Bearcat
Hi everyone !

I am a new shooter from Canada and bought a month ago a Ruger Mark III Hunter for me and my mom. We have heard only good comment for it and tought it was a high end .22 pistol.

We had a few problem with it, but we are still getting one annoying problem even after sending it back for repair to Ruger.

When we insert the magazine at a slight angle the magazine blocks and I can no longer insert it. We have to jiggle it and then it can be inserted. It's very annoying ...

I have tried with annother Mark III Hunter and I had no problem inserting it at a slight angle. I also tried a brand new magazine in my gun and had the same issue.

Here is a little video to demonstrate the problem : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jRLChfo5g&feature=youtu.be

Anyway, what do you guys suggest me to do ? Should I send it back again to Ruger? Is it normal ? Should I complain ? What would you do in the same situation ?

I have not a lot of experience with firearm company and their customer service yet so I don't know what I should expect from them...

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
Try depressing the magazine release button a little way as you insert the magazine, see if that doesn't clear up your problem. You should only need to depress it until the top of the magazine is past the release lock. It appears as if the release stop is catching on the front lip of your magazine as you insert it.

R,
Bullseye

boubou

Bearcat
Thanks for the fast answer !

I don't have the weapon with me to try your solution, but I will try it as soon as I get my hand on it.

It could work as a temporary solution, but as a permanent solution, shouldn't I expect my weapon to be flawless when I buy it ? To work as well as any other Mark III?

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
What you're experiencing is not unusual. The magazine latch is just catching on the front lip of the mag. You want that latch to lock the magazine firmly in place. Depressing the button until the front of the magazine passes the latch is common on many types of pistols. Once you pass that point of insertion, you can release the button and you'll hear the latch loudly pop when it locks in the magazine.

R,
Bullseye

Latest posts