M1 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
My First Firearm I bought was a 10/22 Carbine back in 1986, I lost it because of financial reasons. I'm looking at the Talo M1 10/22, Davidsons has a sale on the M1 10/22 and I'm looking hard at that one.
Who has one and how do you like it, how is the blueing, did you sling it, what kind of Hardwood? If you did sling it, what sling attachment did you use for the front. Like to see Pics too :D ........................

pruger45

Blackhawk
The LGS I work at just got one in. It has a walnut stock and you sling it like an M1. The bluing is nice and there is a sling swivel on the front.

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
Just went to Davidsons to order the Talo M1 10/22 and they were sold out, not even a listing that they were even existed, Called all over and found one LGS who can get me one for $362.97 OTD and it would take a week or two. I hope it's worth it......................

DocGlock

Bearcat
I just looked on Davidsons and they have 47 for sale right now. http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=21138&mfg=Ruger&mdlno=10%2f22+M1+Carbine-Style+Talo+Special+Edition

With your OTD price, just wait for it to come in, not enough difference to worry about.

Seems to be plenty of them. Here's some of the outfits that have them in stock. All close to the same price. Notice some have free shipping.

https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/736676211388?upc_only=1

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
DocGlock said:
I just looked on Davidsons and they have 47 for sale right now. http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=21138&mfg=Ruger&mdlno=10%2f22+M1+Carbine-Style+Talo+Special+Edition

With your OTD price, just wait for it to come in, not enough difference to worry about.

Thanks DocGlock, you're da bomb! The listing was not there a few hours ago. Just ordered the M1-10/22, $344 and change OTD!.......................

SnerpDerp

Bearcat
I just saw one locally and really like it because the great looks, it comes with several nice features above the standard 10/22: sling slots, upgraded sight, picatinny rail, and it felt lighter to me too.

BUT: I saw a quality problem with it: the "extra" piece of wood over the top of the barrel wasn't properly aligned. On the right, it hung out a little over the bottom piece, and on the left it was a little bit inset. It seems like the piece was maybe just not cut well. Anyone know if this can be adjusted? It kinda looked like it couldn't.

So my advice is to see it in person, and look it over.

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
Here's a quick snap of my Rifle, not much to say, it's a 10/22.
Well here it is 30 years later, a 10/22 in my Stable once again.
The two little things I don't like about it is the plastic Trigger and Powder Coat Receiver. I can deal with the plastic Trigger Guard but a plastic Trigger?.............

Ruger 10-22 M1

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
I got one in January and I was very impressed. I have about 13 on hand right now and the wood quality is all over the place. If you shop on the internet on a site using "stock photos", you could be very disappointed. I graded all mine by wood appearance and will "blow out" the crappy ones first.

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
GAO LLC said:
I got one in January and I was very impressed. I have about 13 on hand right now and the wood quality is all over the place. If you shop on the internet on a site using "stock photos", you could be very disappointed. I graded all mine by wood appearance and will "blow out" the crappy ones first.

I have a couple of "warts" on my Stock, will call Ruger and get their take on it. It's very minor, not something I can't fix but I shouldn't have to. I'm also not too keen on the Front Rifle Swivel/ Barrel Band, seems almost china cheap and that plastic butt plate, that should have been metal.
I was surprised it didn't come with a 10rnd Magazine as I read of people were saying they received a 10 and 15rnd Magazine, I'm not really worried about it, I'll just go and buy one.

I did manage to install a TandemKross guardian bolt release. Works Great! I'm surprised Ruger didn't think that a simple design change on the Bolt Stop would make a world of difference on the operation of the Bolt Release. Oh Well............