Looking for Rossi 92

Help Support Ruger Forum:

737tdi

Hunter
Blackhawk Convertable said:
They are all beaters...even the new ones

Your best bet would be over on the SASSnet.com forum. Lots of Rossi shooters there...

Wow, that is awfully harsh. They aren't as bad as you say. I have a .480 Ruger Rossi 92 that will out shoot your AR or any thing you own, at 100 yds. and it will carry about 4 times the energy when hitting the target. Snub what you actually own or know something about. 55 grain vs over 300 grain at 1375 per second. Do the math and do the energy. It will drop a hog in a second. Take whatever you are shooting and see. I have and they drop in thier tracks. Head shot, body shot, bammm dead. My Rossi is awesome, and I carry a .480 revolver as well. I'm guessin you haven't seen any really big hogs???

No disrespect intended. Just know the gun you are taliking about. Your statement is ridiculous.

Karl

Hoss4570

Bearcat

Your best bet would be over on the SASSnet.com forum. Lots of Rossi shooters there...
That is totally uncalled for. One in every crowd I guess......
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

45nut

Bearcat
I played with one in the early 80's had a 44-40 in the late 80's and have a 45 colt now. The fit and finish is nothing like a Winchester but every one I have shot was accurate and reliable. And I'm not going to spend 1500 bucks for a browning or Winchester for a 10 year old to Cary around and beat up.
So I would say if you don't think they are worth 475 keep your money in your wallet.

737tdi

Hunter
Hoss4570 said:

That is totally uncalled for. One in every crowd I guess......
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you end up getting one or have one send it down to Stevez guns. He will do an action job and replace the plastic mag. tube follower and make it a gun that is heaven to shoot and feed. He did a great job on mine. He is very busy so it might take a couple of months just to get your gun down there. His name is Steve Young (just like the SF quarterback) and he does great work.

Karl

HawkEyeEarl

Single-Sixer
We sass fellers come here also. We often like rugers.

I have shot Rossi's in 357 mag, 45 long colt and 44-40.
I shoot a few hundred rounds a year in my Rossi 44-40 with no issues at all.
The others I have traded away.
Mine have all worked well and have been original.
I use them just like they come.
I think Steve might improve them, but mine have been okay for me.

They are not as pretty as say the Browning B-92 but they are cheaper.

warren5421

Single-Sixer
I have one in .44-40 I use loaded with max black powder that has over 15,000 rounds. The only bad thing is they are OAL sensitive. http://stevesgunz.com/ go here for the best Rossi gunsmith out there. He might even have one for sale.

xtratoy

Buckeye
My stainless Rossi 92 357 rifle is a beater I can say I am glad to have and would have more if I could find them. It is the slickest lever gun I own and I have Winchesters and Marlins. It digests 38 Special and 357 with ease. I am sure you will be happy when you find one for yourself!

Joe in Fl

Bearcat
I bought a Rossi 357 for my son a few years back. It has the puma
medallion. It has been nothing but a great little rifle. I would buy another
in a heart beat!
Joe

Hoss4570

Bearcat
Joe in Fl said:
I bought a Rossi 357 for my son a few years back. It has the puma
medallion. It has been nothing but a great little rifle. I would buy another
in a heart beat!
Joe
My .44 is the same with the medallion. GREAT gun, nice finish and shoots great as well. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Johnnu2

Hunter
I have one in .45COLT and it's been fine for the past 20 yrs or so; shoot CAS once or twice a year with it; is older so it still has the metal mag follower. I've taken off the orig factory finish and re-finished it with some hard to damage satin polyurethane....very tough stuff. John N.

45nut

Bearcat
I have a 45 colt also. I was looking for a beater to match my kido's shooter grade 3 screw. I found a new one on the shelf locally for 470 bucks not great but not terrible better than gun broker.

silverback

Blackhawk
I picked my 92 up from Dicks sporting goods in las cruses nm. near that price. I did get the steve's gunz dvd. slicked the gun up nicely. pretty easy to do. great companion rifle to my security six's.

kendak

Bearcat
I got a SS Puma 92 in .44mag 8yrs. ago no problems...finally found a plug to replace the "safety" on top of bolt & will replace it soon ...good little shooter