Looking for add on's for SR22 Pistol of any type

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flw

Bearcat
Are there any add on's for the SR22 Pistol from any source and if so, from where and what types of add on's?

Snake45

Hawkeye
"Add on's [sic] of any type"?

It's a gun, not a woman. You don't have to keep buying it little presents. :wink: :lol:

flw

Bearcat
extra capacity mags?

Extra large hand grips?

diagram to breakdown firing pin etc.... for cleaning

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Give it a good afternoon in the woods twice a month. Add a sandwich and a thermos of hot tea. Take along an extra mag and a bag full of good American-made ammo. It'll stay with you forever.

TiteGroups

Blackhawk
I think it could use a laser and a quad rail with a flashlight and a compass. Better yet how about a holster instead.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
YOU KNOW, as of this morning my SR22 has 1800 rounds through it with nary a malf of any kind. For the life of me I cannot think of anything I would want to add on the pistol nor is there anything that'd make it a better gun than it already is as it stands. The only thing I need is a few more magazines.

Ladobe

Single-Sixer
The SR22 is not my cup of tea, stuck in a rut with old school Mark's. But if you find and want to add embellishments go for it... it's yours, you are the only one that matters if they make you happier with it.

Minimum on most of the truck load of handguns I've owned in my life is custom grips if they are available made to fit my hand perfect, or commercial add on if not, modified if needed. I just like wood, the nicer the better, stag and ivory on handguns... factory wood, rubber or plastic do nothing for me. I've even had some that I had 2 or more customer grip sets for, to fit my mood or circumstances of use. Sometimes sights, sometimes action parts to improve on factory, and with auto's always extra magazines. And a nice holster, custom if in the cards. Just pride (ego) of ownership maybe, but they were mine so were dressed the way I wanted them dressed. Besides, makes 'em shoot better. :wink:

Kermit814

Bearcat
I picked up a stainless steel guide rod for mine, can't really say it makes that much of a difference or not though. Grips and sites will be a tough call for the SR22p. It comes with two different grips already and there's not much you can do to "improve" on the basic sites it comes with. I can't see anyone replacing the grips with custom wood.

Holsters are tough too unless you get something leather and custom made. I have a cloth OWB holster that fits well and serves, but if I ever wanted to carry somewhere where speed of draw were required... well, it would be lacking. I emailed Blackhawk with a question on SERPA holsters and this was the response I got:
Thank you for your holster inquiry. We do not have any intel that indicates a Serpa holster will be made for the SR22. A lot of factors come into play when we add new Serpa holsters to the line. We introduce the new items each year at Shot Show which is held each year in January. We also include these new items in our catalog which will come out in December.
In other words, the gun is too new and nobody's going to use a .22 for primary carry so no, we're not going to offer one.

I would love to see a ~15 round magazine, Lord knows there's room in there, but I'm not sure how well the rounds would feed with a larger mag, and I'm definitely not an expert on state-to-state laws on max capacity for pistol magazines. I'll have to be satisfied with two mags for now and pick up two more in the not-to-distant future.

That leaves ammo. If you don't mind the possibility of dirtying the weapon, Piney Mountain makes Red Tracer 40 grain rounds that look like fun for twilight shoots, and CCI makes a rodent load called .22 shotshell. I have not used either, but you can find plenty of videos on YouTube of those who have.

Latest posts