Let's hear about SR40s!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

boomer1

Single-Sixer
crispy said:
Gander Mountain has them on sale this week!

$449. Big whoop. Way to go all out GM...[/quote

Hey crispy,

No offense intended.... but, is that a "good" price in your area? I paid around that in the Seattle area last November for my SR40...not on sale....with a sales tax rate of 9.5%!!

boomer 8)

khutch

Bearcat
boomer1 said:
crispy said:
Gander Mountain has them on sale this week!

$449. Big whoop. Way to go all out GM...

Hey crispy,

No offense intended.... but, is that a "good" price in your area? I paid around that in the Seattle area last November for my SR40...not on sale....with a sales tax rate of 9.5%!!

boomer 8)

I am pretty sure that crispy was being ironic and does not think that GM is offering a good price. In my experience that is not something that GM does, in most cases their sale price is the same as everyone else's normal price. There may be a few exceptions.

Ken

crispy

Bearcat
Yeah, normally it sits in the case at $499, same as the SR9c. It is "on sale" for $449 now.

Which is odd, because I bought my SR9c there for $399 around Black Friday. Some sales are better than others it appears.

My new BFF LGS will sell it for $400 all day long. Bud's has it for $398. So GM still has some work to do.

2ndamd

Bearcat
noquarter said:
I love my SR40 - @ 300 rnds with no problems. It's more accurate than I am. Recoil is like the P345 but you can feel the difference in the center line of the bore in the way it rolls (a more direct push back than the 345). My only complaint is that I want an SR45 to go with it.

:D Did someone say SR45? Count me in!!!

khutch

Bearcat
Lateck said:
Why so little love for the SR40????

I don't think that many dislike the gun, they do dislike the caliber though. It is fairly common to see it disparaged here and in the LGS. I heard a couple of customers dismissing a 40 S&W (different brand) in a display case the other day with the comment that it was a gun you would only buy if you were a police officer. The salesman made no effort to put the caliber in a better light than that.

The caliber has just not caught on with a lot of folks it would seem.

Ken

Mike J

Hunter
khutch said:
Lateck said:
Why so little love for the SR40????

I don't think that many dislike the gun, they do dislike the caliber though. It is fairly common to see it disparaged here and in the LGS. I heard a couple of customers dismissing a 40 S&W (different brand) in a display case the other day with the comment that it was a gun you would only buy if you were a police officer. The salesman made no effort to put the caliber in a better light than that.

The caliber has just not caught on with a lot of folks it would seem.

Ken

You're right most folks gravitate to either 9mm or .45. Right after Obama got elected when ammunition was scarce I could always find a box or two of .40 at Wal Mart. 9mm & .45 were impossible to find without paying double Wal Mart prices for it.

tcanthonyii

Bearcat
.40 is a weird area. I bought my 9 for the price of ammo. I wanted a carry piece that was cheap to shoot. the 9 really fits that bill. I like .45 as well and that's what my XD is. Nothing wrong with .40 though. I've shot a couple. For me the 9 was a compromise . I know there isn't a ton of difference between 9 and 40 in ammo cost but add it up over thousands of rounds and it does add up. I have over 1000 rounds through my 3 week old sr9c and right around 800 through my 1 year old xd 45, 1/4 of those being in the past 3 weeks!

Amazon Hunter

Bearcat
I was going to get the SR9 for the same reason. Ammo prices, but when I searched the prices the .40 ammo wasn't that much more expensive than the 9mm so I ordered the SR40. I will be picking it up tomorrow. I am getting it for $399.99. It's been a long wait for this gun. I have all the ammo, the Crossbreed Supertuck holster. All I need is the gun.

rugerfan100

Single-Sixer
Amazon Hunter said:
I was going to get the SR9 for the same reason. Ammo prices, but when I searched the prices the .40 ammo wasn't that much more expensive than the 9mm so I ordered the SR40. I will be picking it up tomorrow. I am getting it for $399.99. It's been a long wait for this gun. I have all the ammo, the Crossbreed Supertuck holster. All I need is the gun.

Good luck with it. It's a great gun!

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
I have no complaints, only pushed about 200 rounds through 'er, but flawless and very very comfortable and clean to shoot. I like!

Might add it cost me $390, only $30 bucks more than my SR9, both new and both have been worth every penny.

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
Swampbilly said:
I don't have one...just going off of other's comments. Seems like a stable platform out of the chute for this one. Perhaps the "glitches" they had with the SR9 were lessons learned and included in the SR40 prior to release?
I was at the range with a guy raving about the sr9.....after the early ones were recalled, they fixed them and the sr9.sr40 are reportedly good guns.I just bought a p95.( because the price was so good
and i can share mags with my p89.) Everybody is buying the sr9's now, so ruger lowering the price of its p95's and I think they may be history in 2012 catalog.