LCP's EVERYWHERE!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ECUfan

Bearcat
We had a local gun show in Greenville, NC this past weekend. Every booth had tons of LCP's in all kinds of colors. Black, green, stainless, and some sort of red/burgundy color that I thought was terrible. They had one booth that you get get your choice for $279.

Taurus has also revamped their small .380 to more replicate the finish of the LCP. Of course you can get that one in pink!!

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't mind having one, especially since Arizona just passed a new law allowing all legal citizens to carry concealed without a permit.

Raminator

Bearcat
The reason is simple: the LCP is a fantastic little handgun. I carry one everyday, tucked away in a Crossbreed minituck holster. Even when wearing shorts and a t-shirt and sandals, the LCP is always there, hidden and out of sight, yet ready to do the job if needed.

I also carry a Ruger SP101, my SR9, and even my Beretta 92FS, but nothing conceals better than my LCP. And since I prefer to carry at least 95% of the time, my LCP on my hip beats my SR9 in my truck.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
I got one about 3 weeks ago and finally got around to shooting it last Saturday. I am thrilled.
I wasn't able to shoot as much as I wanted to since ammo is at a premium but I shot 25 WWB FMJ and 5 Gold Dots. No issues.
The only problem I had was the 6th round was very hard to put into the magazine. In fact, I loaded 5 in the mag the first couple of times. Then it seemed to loosen up.
And that is one looooong trigger, but to me that just makes it safer in my pocket.
I'm not normally a great pistol shot but the LCP just seems to fit me.
This is the target from my first mag of 5 shots. (7 yards)

LCPTarget.jpg
[/img]

welldoya

Single-Sixer
I've read great reviews on the Rohrbaugh but you could buy 3 or 4 LCPs for what one Rohrbaugh costs. May not be an issue for some though.

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I was fixing to ask about cost, but was kind of afraid to. LOL I don't gotta have one right now, but been looking for something that size in 9mm. I'm not putting down a .380, but if I'm going to have to buy another caliber it might as well be something with more punch than a 9mm (which I already buy).

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Actually shooting an LCP in .380 might turn you off to the idea of a 9mm in the same size/weight package. I can't imagine what the kick would be like. Well, I can... Then again, I wouldn't want to shoot a .357 out of the new LCR, either. And I've shot a few out of my 23oz S&W J frame. "Ouch."

-- Sam

AZBru88

Bearcat
Ya I think I'll skip Rohrbaugh. GB had a couple $995 and $2600 for a special collectors addition! I'll stick with my new LCP w/ CT for my BUG!
There is a point when small = punishment! But it does look like a nice pistol! I would sure like to try one! I'll bet its not to bad! I had a .410 derringer that wasn't much fun to shoot! The rounded handle was a bear just to hang on to! But I got rid of it the third time I pulled it out of the pocket holster and the safety was off! Just couldn't get over that hurdle!

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
89grand":3hxui8ol said:
I wouldn't mind having one, especially since Arizona just passed a new law allowing all legal citizens to carry concealed without a permit.

Wonder if thats got anything to do with the "new" imigration law :roll: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Texasgunner":3bjzj5lc said:
89grand":3bjzj5lc said:

Wonder if thats got anything to do with the "new" imigration law :roll: :lol:

I don't know, but things are sure looking up here in AZ since we got rid of Crappy Nappy. The only problem is, now we all have to deal with her since she's head of HLS! :roll:

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
The .380 LCP would be a great deep carry pistol. If only Illinois would join the other 48 States that recognize the right to carry!!!

Way to go Arizona !!!

SmithMan

Bearcat
If you want something small in a 9mm you might try a SCCY or a KelTec PF9. They're about as small as you would want to go and not hate shooting the thing! Then again, the PF9 is NOT fun to shoot.
We should all be like Vermont, Alaska, and now Arizona. I think that is the real intent of Ammendment #2!

owsi26

Bearcat
I have a LCP too. Mine went back for the recall and I sent a note that it has a FTF on HPs. They ignored the note so it went back. They worked on the ramp ( all that was needed in my opinion) but they also put a new slide on and changed all springs, then test fired it 17 times.

I can't find my .380 HPs, but it certainly sounds like they fixed it. I was hoping for another free magazine, but no such luck! I did discover that my .380 mags. for my Colt Mustang Pony .380, fit the LCP just fine. Some are higher capacity, which is nice to have.

I mainly carry mine as a BUG, but there have been a number of times that I'll carry it as primary in a pants pocket, with holster or in a shorts pocket.

I have the Crimson Trace laser on mine. I highly recommend it. It still fits in my pocket holster just fine. I feel that shot placement is extremely important with smaller rounds and limited capacity.

owsi26

Bearcat
SmithMan":14nqg1dc said:
If you want something small in a 9mm you might try a SCCY or a KelTec PF9. They're about as small as you would want to go and not hate shooting the thing! Then again, the PF9 is NOT fun to shoot.
We should all be like Vermont, Alaska, and now Arizona. I think that is the real intent of Ammendment #2!

I'm not familiar with that one. The Walther PPS is also small and very thin. It comes in 9mm and .40 in the same size pistol.

A

Anonymous

owsi26":3lu9ka36 said:
I have a LCP too. Mine went back for the recall and I sent a note that it has a FTF on HPs. They ignored the note so it went back. They worked on the ramp ( all that was needed in my opinion) but they also put a new slide on and changed all springs, then test fired it 17 times.

I can't find my .380 HPs, but it certainly sounds like they fixed it. I was hoping for another free magazine, but no such luck! I did discover that my .380 mags. for my Colt Mustang Pony .380, fit the LCP just fine. Some are higher capacity, which is nice to have.

I mainly carry mine as a BUG, but there have been a number of times that I'll carry it as primary in a pants pocket, with holster or in a shorts pocket.

I have the Crimson Trace laser on mine. I highly recommend it. It still fits in my pocket holster just fine. I feel that shot placement is extremely important with smaller rounds and limited capacity.

Can you tell us what kind/brand of hollow points you were having problems with? I've been concerned about this on the little .380's.

It's really cool that Ruger went to such lengths to make it right, especially on such a relatively inexpensive gun. Years ago, I had a Keltec in 9mm that never would function reliably,even after going through all the "smithing" that was recommended to improve its function.

george preston

Single-Sixer
I went to a show this weekend her in Jacksonville Florida. Lots of LCP's but everyone still seemed to be awful proud of them. Every one was marked around $350. Still a little more than i want to pay for one. When the price gets closer to $275 OTD I'll bite. Till then, It's a S&W mod 36. FWIW, I offered a guy $275 out the door and I'd take 3 and he wouldn't bite