LCP detail strip?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GKC

Blackhawk
Last night I was poking around on the Elsie Pea forum, looking up cleaning recommendations, and came across an old thread that said (paraphrasing) that Ruger did not recommend detail stripping the LCP, or taking it down beyond the basic field stripping for cleaning. Apparently there is (according to the post) a hole in the bottom of the slide that a nozzle of a can of spray cleaner can be inserted and the firing pin channel flushed out.

I've been curious about this, because I am considering getting an LCP, and one of the things I like to do when cleaning my pistols is to clean out the firing pin or striker channel, and on my current pistols (1911s and M&Ps) it is easy to do, and no roll pins to punch out, etc. I have also had an SR9c in the past, and that was easy to do as well. However, from the videos I have seen on YouTube, it is more involved on the LCP.

So, my question is, how many of you have actually detail stripped the LCP? And if not, how do you clean out the channel? Using the small hole and a spray nozzle?

Thanks for the information.

SAJohn

Hunter
Enter the search words "ruger lcp disassembly" at youtube. There is a good 4 part video. You need an assortment of small tools, some home made, to do this procedure.

John