Laser for P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Altered

Bearcat
I just started looking around and noticed several different inexpensive lasers on the market. I searched for a thread comparing these but didn't find one. I just wanted to play around with one on some targets but I do not want to spend $200.00 for one. Seriously its not justified on a P95 considering the guns value and the fact I do not know if I will like it. So I am looking at inexpensive versions and was wondering if anyone is willing to admit they have used one that costs less than $100 :lol: and what their results opinions were on it. If you don't mind be specific what brand and model you are commenting on.

I was looking at this BARSKA's GLX
img-28831236.jpg

TN.Frank

Bearcat
Believe it or not Pyramyd Air has a lot of rail mounted lights and lasers in stock. Guess guys use em' on their AirSoft guns and Air Rifles too. Google em' and check out their web site.

roylt

Hunter
I don't know if an air rifle laser can take the recoil. May fall apart.

TN.Frank

Bearcat
roylt said:
I don't know if an air rifle laser can take the recoil. May fall apart.
A spring piston air rifle has harsher recoil then a center fire rifle or handgun. If it can handle that it'll take a 9x19mm's puny recoil without any problems. :wink:

Altered

Bearcat
I just emailed Barska and asked if the laser I listed above can withstand the recoil of the P95 and another question about the momentary switch being compatible with pistol use. I'm guessing no on the momentary switch as it only mentions its use with rifles. The cord is probably too long and I understand the switch may be on the large side. :(

Ill post back what ever they respond.

I agree that the recoil of my P95 to me is not harsh at all but I wanted to hear what the company was willing to put in writing. :lol:

TN.Frank

Bearcat
No reason this one wouldn't work and it even says "Firearm" in the description. For under $30 bucks you really can't go wrong and UTG/Leapers makes some of the best scopes you can find for the money for air guns so I'm sure their lasers are equally as good.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_D...r_Picatinny_Mount_Remote_Pressure_Switch/2719

Something else you might want to check out is the Pyramyd Air "Bullseye Bucks" deal. You make up an account on the PA site then you can post things to your Facebook page(worth 10 points) and then click the links you post(worth 5 points) and you friends can also click them(again, worth 5 points) and you can get up to 350 points a day from what I've noticed. Just do that for a couple weeks and the points will add up then you can trade them in for Bullseye Bucks gift cards and use that to buy stuff on the PA web site. I've only been doing it for a couple months and I've already racked up $133 in "Free" stuff. Such a deal. :wink:

Altered

Bearcat
I guess I never realized how short the rail was on the P95 but the response from Barska got my attention. Looks like I need to pay attention to this as I really do not want it sticking out 2" past the barrel. Roughly measuring the rail only has 1 3/16" of mounting surface. :shock:

Here is the response from Barska
Hello,

Our AU11406 has a rail mount of 1 1/2" it doesnt seem your P95 has enough space for the rail to fit snug, you might look at our AU11662 the mount will fit better.

Best Regards,

Sandra Almaraz
Customer Service Manager

Well I'm off to see what options will actually fit the rail according to length.

Whitehair53

Bearcat
My wife wanted a laser on her P95, I mounted a Crimson Trace on hers. We went to the range this last weekend and without any adjustments she was right on target. She likes that better than the open sights. It is a perfect fit, and I thought $150.00 was a good price.

Altered

Bearcat
Whitehair53 said:
My wife wanted a laser on her P95, I mounted a Crimson Trace on hers. We went to the range this last weekend and without any adjustments she was right on target. She likes that better than the open sights. It is a perfect fit, and I thought $150.00 was a good price.
What one did you get? I didn't see one specifically listed to fit a P95 on their site.

Altered

Bearcat
Excuse the fingerprints as I just mounted the Barska AU11406 laser. Not to sure if I will like it but it seems to be a quality built piece. The mount is slightly too long for my taste but I think I can modify it to fit the rail better. But it is secure and should be usable as is.
2013-03-08_18-45-41_67_zps937539d5.jpg

2013-03-08_18-45-56_446_zpsb13ea684.jpg

2013-03-08_18-46-54_782_zps22fd832c.jpg

RedlegM109A1

Single-Sixer
If it were me I'd up the budget to $129 and go with the Crimson Trace Rail Master. It is small enough to fit on even an SR22p and works fantastic. I have it on an SR40c too, and no recoil issues after 1000 rounds.

Altered

Bearcat
RedlegM109A1 said:
If it were me I'd up the budget to $129 and go with the Crimson Trace Rail Master. It is small enough to fit on even an SR22p and works fantastic. I have it on an SR40c too, and no recoil issues after 1000 rounds.

What one did you get? I didn't see one specifically listed to fit a P95 on their site. I asked Whitehair53 when he said Crimson Trace but he hasn't responded. I think I would like one too but I have yet to see one for a P95. I haven't even seen one in a pic mounted to a P95. :(

Whitehair53

Bearcat
I got the Crimson Trace Rail Master, Cabela's had it with a Crimson Trace folding tool. It mounted with in 5 minutes and is fantastic!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
For future reference, to see if you like a laser at absolutely minimal cost, CDNN has a functional one for $20.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taspredmilar.html

It works and is better than you would expect. I don't consider it a long-term investment but as a trial item it can't be beaten.

Altered

Bearcat
22/45 Fan said:
For future reference, to see if you like a laser at absolutely minimal cost, CDNN has a functional one for $20.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taspredmilar.html

It works and is better than you would expect. I don't consider it a long-term investment but as a trial item it can't be beaten.

Nice find. Should be good enough to see if your interested in buying a quality one or if you hate it. 8)

Latest posts