I am right on the edge... SR22 or 22-45 Lite

Help Support Ruger Forum:

B.L. Hall

Single-Sixer
I am just right on the fence.... I know that the Lite will be more accurate, but will that really make that much difference for offhand shooting?

I want it for a carrying while camping hiking and ATV riding... a recreation gun to just carry and enjoy. But I am an accuracy freak. I hate missing ever and practice a lot....

so pros and cons? and just what really is the difference in accuracy, is it really a big difference?

if you could only afford one, which would you choose and why?

JFB

Hunter
I compared the SR22 with a TB 22/45 and I liked the grip and the classic looks of the 22/45 w/cocobolo grips and got it.
However couple weeks latter I went back for a SR22 but dealer had sold out!

Frank in GA.

Bearcat
The "Lite" will be more accurate, the SR22 will be handier. I like the grip of the Lite over the SR22's . I've shot the Lite a few times but own the SR22 and several MKII's & III's, don't own a Lite but, would love to have one ...ALSO. Why make this difficult? Get both, one won't be jealous of the other...guns that is!

JHRosier

Single-Sixer
My answer would have been different before I bought the 22/45 Lite.
I love it!
I always said that I would never own a MKIII, until I handled the Lite.
Be aware that you will spend an extra $85 if you want a decent trigger and drop-free mags. The VQ trigger and sear will fix the crummy trigger and the BAM hammer bushing will fix the stickey mags.
I've put about 500 rounds through mine and find that it will keep most of the shots in about 2" @ 25 yards with the Federal 550 rd bulk pack ammo.

Jack

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
The 22/45 you will not have any problems with what so ever. But the SR22 still working some bugs out, I think

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
NOPE, The SR22 pistol. Miss most of 'em but we do scare the stew out of 'em the rest of the time !!
I'm telling you little SR22 pistol shoots to beat the band.

Kermit814

Bearcat
Well then sir, color me very impressed! I've had no problems with mine to speak of. I'm not much of a pistol shooter. Tin cans are a pretty easy target for me at 25 yards but start to give me trouble out at 50. Lucky for me with any .22, practice is cheap. I agree with the above though. If it's in the budget, get both. The SR22 is just too much fun to pass it up.