How Do i Lower the Rear Sight on a Mini 30?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OutdoorGirl87

Bearcat
Hi, everyone. I'm new here and I came here looking for answers about my gun because I haven't found any videos or directions on how to do this that came with my rifle. I got myself a new Ruger Mini 30 in 2022 and took it to the range and popped off a few shots from 2 magazines to test it out and see how it handles. The Range Officer said my shots were hitting the berm instead of the targets and said that the rear sight needed to be lowered. If anybody could answer as to how to do this and what tools I would need for it, that would be great. (It looks like an Allen Wrench for the screw, I don't know what size would work.) Thanks.-Cheyenne.

Welcome to the forum, you need to loosen the two Allen screws on either side of the peep sight just a little. When they're loose you can then screw the peep to the right to move it down or to the left to move it up. The two Allen screws will move the peep side to side so you'll need to turn them the same number of turns or you'll move the site left or right…it's an odd system.

OutdoorGirl87

Bearcat
Welcome to the forum, you need to loosen the two Allen screws on either side of the peep sight just a little. When they're loose you can then screw the peep to the right to move it down or to the left to move it up. The two Allen screws will move the peep side to side so you'll need to turn them the same number of turns or you'll move the site left or right…it's an odd system.
Awesome. Thank you.