Hogue overmolded 77 Stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I think they are great stocks if you go with the higer end model with the reenforcing aluminum running through the stock. Don't cheap out on synthetic stocks or you might as well just slap on a second hand factory stock and call it good enough. I had an FN Herstal PBR/XP in 308 that had a Hogue and thought it was a very good stock. Comfortable , and I liked the wide forend and the more pronounced drop to the pistol grip vs other brands. At the moment I also have HS Precision and Bell & Carlson stocks. The Hogue is right up there with the others and was probably more comfortable. As far as durability...I have never used any of them enough to wear em out...

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I'm not looking to shoot past 150 yards, I'll give the plastic stock a go first, then chop the barrel to 19". Ruger All-weathers are already fugly but they function darn well, I'm not looking to put lipstick on a pig to class it up. Things I don't like about the compact and the reason I'm going this route are the short LOP and the 16" barrel.

So maybe the full bedded hogue.