Here's something you don't see every day

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger brief case from a well connected Ruger Guy from the East Coast. Had some great Ruger letters in it too. I have owned it for some time now. Thought it was time to share...holy grail? Probably not....but I've never seen another one. Enjoy. Scott

iQv9tNqh.png

1Q6blaHh.png

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ha, first thing I noticed was the ashtray too. Interesting covering design on the briefcase. Same as those soft cases they toyed with isn't it?

yes, same material as the soft gun case, story we were told was this stuff was in Tom Rugers office, for "approval"?? same company that did the cases and things for Winchester, they look very similar, supposedly the bosses?? sales folks got the brief cases and years later JD was able to spring loose the gun cases...they were NOT "approved" or it was about the same time period that Tom was sick and had passed away..........MY wife turned down one of the brief case, but I got a few of the various length soft cases still around here somewhere, and NO they are NOT for sale...........
much like the American Tourister hard cases made for the red Label shotguns, did them for a short while but were "too pricy", so they dropped them????
Lots of stuff got sent to the factory for "approval" ( get licensing) and if not selected or used, and became "gifts" or handed out to "the employee of the month, week or day..." 8) :roll: :wink:

Dan, your about spot on here, the letters and corresponding letters where from Tom, there was much about ordering ammo for Bill,s 75th birthday ammo deal. This was years prior to his 75th birthday. So this will give you an idea of the time frame....Scott