Gunsite .308 Mags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Smokngun

Single-Sixer
How has everyones experience been with the newer polymer mags? Any flaws for those who have reloaded them time and time again?

csnider

Single-Sixer
Like mine and they function just fine. I can also use stripper clips to reload them either in or out of the rifle. You can't use stripper clips with the metal mags. The polymer mags are also cheaper.

I can now carry only three spare mags and a whole bunch of 20-round stripper clips with a lot less weight and bulk.

csnider

jmfc606

Single-Sixer
Where did you buy these other mags? Can you get them from Ruger or is there some other place to get them. I just got my gunsite gun and wanted to add some different mags. Also what are they running in price

bb07

Bearcat
Brownells has them as well, but are showing only 3's & 5's in stock right now
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/magazine-scout-rifle-10-round-prod45269.aspx

ronipike

Bearcat
I just opened a package from Impact Guns. I ordered a five round polymer and two three round polymer magazines. The three round magazines showed up today, the 5 rd is on back order. I tried the three round magazines in my rifle and it seemed like I had to smack them pretty hard to seat. Anyone else have this issue?

John E Davies

Single-Sixer
ronipike said:
I just opened a package from Impact Guns. I ordered a five round polymer and two three round polymer magazines. The three round magazines showed up today, the 5 rd is on back order. I tried the three round magazines in my rifle and it seemed like I had to smack them pretty hard to seat. Anyone else have this issue?

I would rather have to smack them into place than have then "snick" in easily, then flop around like the steel Ruger mags.

Do yours move at all when in place?

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

ronipike

Bearcat
After about 10-15 times of slapping them in, they go in as easy as my steel mag. There is no wobble and the three round magazine is small enough that I can carry the rifle by holding around the action without any problems. Pretty happy with this gun!

Latest posts