Great Western Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bornintheussr

Bearcat
Looking to buy Great Western Revolver (the one that use to be made in California back in 50s and 60s not Italian or German reproduction) in any caliber but .22lr. Let me know if you have one

GW19.jpg

I think I've seen one Great Western revolver in my 65 years. And I used to go to a lot of gun shows and shops. Odd, because they made 22,000 of them.

they guys who have them ,don't sell them, and all too many of them are GONE..:oops:

I do know a few folks that collected them and two guys who wrote the book on the Great Westerns........try andfind the old original boxes looked like the old Colt boxes, I believe it was the same company but Colt gave them A "CEASE AND DESIST":unsure:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I've had a few but the only one I have at the moment is a .22 LR.

Another .22 I had once looked like all the blue had been removed and a guy who collected then said based on the serial number which had a leading 0, it was one of the ones sold in unfinished kit form and that evidently whoever assembled the kit never got around to having the gun blued. So he had to have it, I guess the kit guns are pretty rare.

Another GW that I had was marked ".357 ATOMIC" which I was told was a short-lived higher pressure .357 Mag.

Also had a .38 S&W GW Derringer made like the Remington. That gun was pretty cool. I think I still have a pic of that one with a tooled leather holster.

Oh, I had a .45 Colt GW that had a Colt barrel installed on it for whatever reason.

Paul B

Hunter
I had one in .22LR with the 7.5" barrel. Way too heavy so I traded it off some time in 1961 or 62.
Paul B.

Latest posts