Got my computer fixed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Yesterday evening I discovered 'something' had happened to my desktop. There had been a notice of some sort of update which I thought I had cancelled. When I turned it on and tried to do my normal stuff, nothing was working as before. I messed around until I got to read my email but that was all. It was doing all sorts of crazy stuff and I couldn't access my work programs.
Son was here re-setting traps and I started showing him what it was doing. He messed around a little bit and said "Your control button is stuck". Sure enough, he wiggled the button a bit with a knife point and magically, everything was fine. I remembered dropping my little flashlight yesterday and apparently, it had plunked the button hard enough to cause it to stick.
One of those weird little things that can go wrong and cause so much worry. Whoulda Thunk it? Not me for sure.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
No lotto tickets for me.
Son wouldn't have caught the problem but he uses the 'control/scroll' feature to access files on his computer. That's what clued him in.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Keyboards can be a problem. I just wish I could find a . . . working . . . version
of the old 3277/3279 that IBM had. They are HEAVY and clunky, but you can
NOT get them to fail. Unfortunately, they went into the never, never land (I'll
guess) over a decade ago, and probably would not be use full for today's
computers (doesn't have CTRL, ALT, ESC, etc. keys).

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I'll admit I'm not very nice to my keyboard. This is where I eat breakfast and snacks so lots of stuff falls amongst the buttons. It's time to replace the current crumb collector anyway.