FS Meffert Drilling . . . Withdrawn

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I need to empty some more of my safe. This is a field gun that I've hunted, but age and health issues have cut back on my hunting opportunities.
For Sale, Imman. Meffert Hubertus Drilling in 8x57JR/16/16. This is a Dural receiver drilling with walnut stock and fore end, with horn grip cap, butt plate and trigger guard. The engraving is the scroll type. The gun weighs about 6.5 pounds. Barrels are 25 1/2 inches. I slugged the rifle bore and it is .318 inches. The shotgun chambers have been opened to take 2 3/4 inch shells. The wood finish is in very nice condition as is the checkering for a gun this old. There is one small crack at the top of the left side of the stock where the action meets the wood. It has been there for a long time and hasn't changed, but a number of years ago, I had PISCO repair it. There is a small chip out of the trigger guard. The surface on the receiver has some wear of the finish. It has a Greener safety, Greener crossbolt and sideclips. The front trigger is a set trigger and works nicely for me. The rifle sight is actuated with the rifle selector. There are cocking indicators. Barrels are Krupp steel. The front sight can be flipped from a rifle sight to an white bead. The gun is fitted with a set of Talley rings that go on and off easily and smoothly. It has a Leupold Compact 1-4x scope. This is a light and lively field gun, a joy to hunt with and carry, while still pleasant to shoot. It was my fair weather bird gun In PA. There isn't much bird hunting where I am now. I will include a box of 100 Norma 196 grain .318 bullets, 20 resized 32 special bullets, three boxes of fired brass, a custom Lee bullet sizing die to size bullets to .318 diameter, and a Hammond Gamegetter. My standard hunting load in this gun is a resized 32 special bullet over a starting load of Reloader 7 and Federal LR primers. I had JJ set up both barrels to take an Einstecklauf so that I could use either a right or left hand Einstecklauf in the gun. Please PM me for photos.
$2400 plus shipping
Thanks for looking
Bfly
https://imgur.com/7Y33NIa

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I'm near Williamsburg.
I might be open to a trade as part of the sale, but I'm not able to tramp around in the woods like I used to, so I'm gradually letting all my guns go to somebody who can use them.
Bfly

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
Yesterday, after storm Zeta had passed, Gavin my old Brittany, this old gun and I went for a walk in the woods. Gavin has grey in the orange around his eyes and muzzle. I was walking with a cane that I carved from a twisted old sassafras. It has a timber rattler slipping up on a deer mouse carved from the old vine wounds that curled around as a sapling. Ostensibly we were looking for squirrels, but it was just a walk in the woods. Mostly Gavin looked for mice and moles. they are pretty exciting game these days. The hickories were bright yellow, so bright they hurt your eyes in the open sun under a bright blue sky. I have to keep this gun a while longer. We were all old with too many memories, me, Gavin, the gun and the trees. Sorry, but it is no longer for sale. I still need it a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.