Freedom Arms 97 Shorties Anyone?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunsbam69

Hunter
I have absolutely fallen in love with the little 3.5" shorty Freedom 97 I got from Steve :D I would love for those of you who have model 97 shorties to post some pics. I've decided I like the octagon ones with ivory micartas the best. I'm planning to order a new one the way I want it, but I may still just put Macassar on this one and have it black powder chamferred. I'm having a hard time making up my mind :roll: I think the octagon and solid cylinder will be more my style on this one. I also don't like the jeweling myself. I was going to order it first thing in the morning, but I'm thinking maybe I'd like to look at a few more, and it would be nice to just have a thread of them anyway :mrgreen: Anybody got custom grips, custom work done to them? I'll start it off with a pic of mine. Second pic is with my Linebaugh .45, my pig sticker, and my little belt skinner. These pics are the before pictures.

Plans changed again. I'm sending it off to Freedom Arms in a few minutes for some changes. Should have Freedom Arms resurrection pics in a month, and hopefully Bowen pics soon after. What I'm going to do about the barrel is still up in the air where the wind roams :roll:

aeb6f01e-b15f-4528-8e70-ff194e992bee_zps93897977.jpg

BlackDeathampLil97_zps62a17816.jpg

KLNC

Single-Sixer
Here's mine. Options: rounded butt, action job, jeweled hammer/trigger, short barrel. Came with a FA left-handed cross-draw holster. Guess who's left-handed!

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

paul105

Single-Sixer
Before I forget, Montana Bullet Works is Dave Jennings.

Here are a couple of FA97s -- a 3 1/2" Round Butt .45 Colt and a 4 1/4" Octagon Bbl .45 Colt w/.45 ACP cyl.
FA97RBMossyLog.jpg
RIMG1972.jpg
I put a 2x Leupold on on the 3 1/2" to accuracy test some loads. Strange as it may look, it makes a tidy, light weight (gun w/scope is lighter than a 6" M83), easy to shoot little package.
P6220006.jpg

A Simply Rugged Sourdough pancake carved by Rick Geitlein(SP?).
100_0732.jpg
Paul

6gun

Hunter
I really like that little shorty so I went to Freedoms arm's site to check out their gun, lots of cool options also then looked at their prices :shock: Way over my head will be sticking to my Rugers.

gunsbam69

Hunter
Robb, Yours is what got me wanting one to start with :D I LOVE IT :!: Hamilton is going to chamfer both the fluted cylinders on mine, and FA is fitting another unfluted in .45 Colt.

cellar701, Tough looking gun. That would look good with some desert ironwood :D

KLNC, Looks like ours are twins, for now :mrgreen: Plans changed 3 more times today, but I believe it has all finally come together :!: :? :!:

Paul, I really like both of them, but the round butt is my favorite. Mine's gonna have a little of both of yours in it :wink:

Thanks for posting guys. Hopefully we'll get to see some more :D