Fastest rimfire in the universe!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roofinspector

Single-Sixer
I see some preliminary specs for it now. Still waiting on ammo information and chambering reamer final updates. Not a lot of info other than Winchester/Browning/Savage showed at the ShotShow. I heard that the ammo was ready but the rifles were lagging in timeline.

I have a No.1 hornet set aside as a donor for the 17 WSM and a Shilen barrel.

I am not real sure what the new rimfire does better than a 17 Hornet or Bee, but probably will make one up just to see how it is.

I suspect for those that do not reload, the WSM has its points.

C6S1C

Bearcat
I heard Savage was going to be the first company( and first to the marketplace ) to make a rifle for the new round.

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
I don't know about the .17 Hornet comparison, but I heard it will be about the former "regular" price of M193 5.56 Ball, about $0.40 per round.

METLHED57

Bearcat
A friend I shoot with bought an assortment of 17HMR rounds to try in his new Savage to see which it preferred. The Winchesters had an unbelievable amount of fail to fires. I'd estimate it to be at least 30% of all he tried. Disappointing to say the least. I used to use nothing but Winchester ammo before I tried Hornady. Never seen anything that unreliable before. Even this demo of the new Savage with the Winchester 17 SuperMag has a fail on the third round. He racks it out and mumbles something about one not being in there but you can see the full round laying there. Preview? I hope not. Have always liked Winchesters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEUBYdmbptc

9x19

Hunter
METLHED57 said:
A friend I shoot with bought an assortment of 17HMR rounds to try in his new Savage to see which it preferred. The Winchesters had an unbelievable amount of fail to fires. I'd estimate it to be at least 30% of all he tried....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEUBYdmbptc

robertkirksey said:
Did you consider the rifle's firing pin spring could have been weak, even if new?

Weak with only one brand of ammo? :shock:

METLHED57

Bearcat
An assortment of Winchester, Hornady, and Remington. Not an assortment of Winchesters. The only FTF was the Winchesters. He settled on the Hornadys. They've yet to FTF.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Off main topic but related to current trend: Recent use of a 93R17V Savage says Hornies are so flat and where you want them. Never used any other.