F/S Huntington Custom 500 Linebaugh Maximum Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

badubet

Bearcat

Selling my Jack Huntington 500 Maximum (Linebaugh Long) custom made from a Ruger 357 Maximum Blackhawk. Features refined Bisley gripframe and English Walnut grip by Jack Huntington. Firearm has been shot less than 60 times and comes with 90 pieces of brass cut down by Forkin. $4500 firm.
[email protected]

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
Nice revolver. Didn't you just recently purchase this revolver? If so, why are you selling it? I am wondering about the difficulty in getting properly head-stamped brass for the 500Max., as I have been looking for a long time. Again, very nice revolver.

WoodyS

Single-Sixer
Someone needs this fine revolver, they don't come up for sale very often and wait times for a build are VERY long.

badubet

Bearcat
I did recently purchase it. I am trying to reduce my 'collection' down to a number of firearms that I can shoot on a regular basis. This Max would not be shot regularly and thus will be sold. It is a fine custom and if I had unlimited funding and space would sit in the back of the safe until I was gone and my kids took over the collection. As far as properly headstamped brass my opinion the search isn't worth the time. I've not seen any come on the market in the last year that wasn't attached to a firearm sale and there wasn't many pieces. I was talking with Starline to produce a run and I would buy the run to resale and recover my costs. It wasn't cost effective. I know Forkin and Linebaugh will cut down 50 Alaskan brass to the correct length. I believe Linebaugh just keeps half the brass as his fee.