:D My name came up !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jerry-R

Bearcat
Finally got to the top of the list. The SR1911 was what I expected. For the price, and excellent version of JMB's design. Slide to frame fit was good for a mass-produced pistol, and the trigger pull was a little heavy, but crisp with no over-travel. The factory grips are "pretty" but not much grip. The pressed checkering has flat-topped diamonds and it feels like the urethane finish was applied after the checkering was done. Pics below show it "as delivered" and after I put on some VZ Operators and an Ed Brown Maxi-Well.

IMG_1900SR1911300PPISize1024.jpg

IMG_1903SR1911300PPISize1024.jpg

IMG_1907SR1911300PPISize1024.jpg

IMG_1910SR1911300PPISize1024.jpg

And the Slide to Frame Fit

IMG_1914SR1911300PPISize1024.jpg

Jerry-R

Bearcat
Thanks Guys - they are VZ Operators in Black / Grey

Sorry about the temporary disabling of the pix. Had to upgrade my PhotoBucket account - guess I have too many pictures posted somewhere.

kbfire

Bearcat
Nice setup.
Did you order the VZ Operator grips as : Full Size-Magwell Bottom? I see also the Mag Release/Thumb Notch option as well.

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
Awesome!!

I really like the Ed Brown Mag-Well that you added. How did it install? Was there fitting required?

Jerry-R

Bearcat
Thanks Guys.

Ordered the VZ's as full size, mag-well bottom, no ambi-cut with thumb-notch.

Easy push-in installation on the Mag-well. Not a drop-in, but zero fitting. It did not just fall into place, it had to be pushed a little. But, no filing anywhere. Fit was like a custom job - very snug but easy in / out. I used the Ed Brown "competition" mainspring. Finished pull weight was six pounds three ounces average of ten pulls on a Lyman digital gauge.

That should be a little lighter when I get it back in October.