CUSTOM TYPE 2 SINGLE SIX ROUNDGATE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommygun

Single-Sixer
SINGLE SIX TYPE 2 ROUNDGATE CUSTOM- MIRROR BLUE FINISH, BRONZED FRAME, CUSTOM XR3 MAPLE GRIPS, SERACOAT GRIP FRAME, Shipped 1961. Has not been fired since refinished!
$725 shipped FFL to FFL or FTF in Pittsburgh, PA First I'll take it followed by PM buys it.

tommygun

Single-Sixer
Tyler, this gun was done by the pistol smooth who works at Republic Forge , a highly talented fellow. I think you can attest to his quality of workmanship.

tyler4656

Blackhawk
Can't really tell from the pic but I assume the frame has a bronze seracoat finish. I know the smith that did the work very nice work.

tommygun

Single-Sixer
The frame is bronzed which is a process in which they use a torch to heat/burn the frame. Sorry I am not a gunsmith and the guy who did the work has moved away and I have been unable to contact him to get an explanation. The gun was done for a convention in which the smith had various examples of the kind of work he has done. For you 1911 fans, he now builds custom guns for Republic Forge in Texas.

Bobby there is a similar seracoat finish but this one is not that. See post below.

tommygun

Single-Sixer
What I have found is that it is cleaned with an acid, heated and dipped in a chemical based solution that gives a grey/ blue purplelish patina. I would call this one a dull grey patina.

Status
Not open for further replies.