cheap perfecta ammo from walmart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sandman228

Single-Sixer
does anyone have experience reloading this brass? ive been seeing this ammo on the cheap at walmart 9mm is only 9.75 a box I didn't buy any of it though I did buy a box of 40 s&w to try out my glock 22 factory barrel . but what really caught my eye was the perfecta brand 357 mag ammo for about 16$ a box brass cased boxer primed . I mostly cast and load my own ammo but if I were to want to load some fmj 158 gr 357 ammo it would cost almost as much . Im mostly interested in this ammo for the brass . I just wondered if anyone had experience on how good this brass is or isn't ? I picked up 3 boxes of the ammo but haven't really had much chance to shoot it yet let alone reload it

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I picked up a lever action rifle in .357 back in July. I bought some Federal, and later some Perfecta factory ammo to get some cases. I later was given/scrounged another two boxes worth of brass. I end up reloading all the .357 brass at least once or twice a month. I have yet to have any failures, or other case issues with any of my cases. Primer pockets haven't loosened up in any of them either.

I like to keep some factory rounds on hand in case I want to offer to let someone shoot the Henry while at the range. The next box of factory .357 I get will be Perfecta.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I've been happy with the Perfecta factory I have shot in both 9mm and .357. It is made in Italy, which begs the question is it made by Fiocchi?

Jim Puke

Hunter
It would be worth a try. The only negative I have seen is that sometimes you may encounter a batch with the primer holes out alignment...can make them a little difficult to deprime...but I have only seen a couple of comments about that.

Latest posts