Chasing Kings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Went "king Salmon" fishing with a buddy and his son last week-end, with "Lone Wolf Charters" out of Wilson, NY.
Terry

May 18th, 25 MPH NE winds 4' to 5' seas. We ground out a limit of nice fish.

May, 19th, 1/2 Day Trip, calm, sunny, light NE wind, beautiful morning, got into them right away.

7 large King's averaged 22 lbs. what a trip!

Sea Cooler with about 170 Lbs. of fillets.

stevemb

Hunter
Yum, some for the grill, some for the smoker ? Wife has come up with a good marinade that we use on local steelhead here, for both smoking and grilling. stevemb

45Colt_Man

Blackhawk
Technically aren't those actually called Atlantic Salmon.

Having lived in Alaska 25 years the King or Chinook salmon is a west coast fish.

Here are some pictures from Google on king salmon, and a few other species they threw in there.

http://www.google.com/search?q=king...8H-KIigKn6YHQBw&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=853.

Just asking.

I miss my fishing in Alaska, Wyoming does not have any fishing like it did. :lol:

Dana

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
45Colt_Man said:
Technically aren't those actually called Atlantic Salmon.

Having lived in Alaska 25 years the King or Chinook salmon is a west coast fish.

Here are some pictures from Google on king salmon, and a few other species they threw in there.

http://www.google.com/search?q=king...8H-KIigKn6YHQBw&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=853.

Just asking.

I miss my fishing in Alaska, Wyoming does not have any fishing like it did. :lol:

Dana

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/index.php/page/lake_ontario_tweets.html

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
45Colt_Man said:
Okay I didn't realize they were stocking Kings and Cohos. You fellas did good, and I learned something new.

Dana

They have a good stocking program but there are alot of wild Native Salmon in the Lake as well. The stocked Salmon have the small fin on
the top of their back by the base of the tail snipped off, I just learned that myself on this trip,, :)
Terry

T.A. WORKMAN said:
Went "king Salmon" fishing with a buddy and his son last week-end, with "Lone Wolf Charters" out of Wilson, NY.
Terry

May 18th, 25 MPH NE winds 4' to 5' seas. We ground out a limit of nice fish.

May, 19th, 1/2 Day Trip, calm, sunny, light NE wind, beautiful morning, got into them right away.

7 large King's averaged 22 lbs. what a trip!

Sea Cooler with about 170 Lbs. of fillets.

WOW :shock: :shock: That is great. When I was growing up in Ohio in the late 40s and the 50s. Erie and Ontario were just about dead lakes. Some Lake Eerie Perch and catfish and that was about it. The Lamprey Eel took out the Lake Trout and pollution got just about all the rest. Hell at times Erie would catch on fire. We could see the glow of the steel mills dumping waste into the lake from 60 miles away. In fact it was a big deal to go to the lake and watch it up close

dougader

Hunter
Yum. You can tell the chinook by the shape and the black mouth.

Only difference in the Alaskan fish I have caught is the incredible red/orange color of the flesh, whether they be king, silver or reds (sockeye).