Charter Arms 'Pink Lady'

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DIL got one of these cutesy little 5 shooters a while back. We shot it yesterday and although it does have a fairly good trigger, it's got some quirks that I've not encountered before.
I'm not a small revolver king of guy--my smallest is an SP101 but the Charter Arms is much smaller. First, you can't easily clear the fired cases with the ejector as they snag on the left grip. Can't reload with speed loader for same reason. Shooting one handed is fine but not much room for big hands(hers not mine) to overlap w/o getting much too close to the front of the cylinder.
I fired it 6 times-4 single action and 2 DA. Single action was easy enough but DA is difficult to hold and pull through still no problem keeping hits on the 8" steel @10 yards. It shoots a bit high-maybe due to recoil of the light gun.

Joe Reilly

Single-Sixer
Everything you mention is common on all small, lightweight revolvers.

My Southpaw needed smaller, more minimalist grips to allow easier use of a speed loader. Oh, and make sure the loader is specifically for CA revolvers.
By CA, I'm assuming Charter Arms? On the first read I was thinking California.🤭

I really can't see DIL doing a 'speed reload' for several reasons but that doesn't lessen the importance.
I did my best to teach her HOW to properly unload/reload a revolver and pointed out what/how she should be handling the piece. When I was carrying the SP101, I used a crossdraw holster and kept my speedloaders in the right hand pocket of my cover garment.

magnum0710

Single-Sixer
I can't speak on Charter Arms since I've never owned one but I've owned some cheap snubbies before. I will say that even the cheaper ones never failed me, now cheap semi autos are a different story. I'd trust a cheap revolver over a cheap semi auto any day of the week.
If she's on a budget or just not a gun person and didn't want to spend a whole lot I think she did pretty good. There are definitely worse options.