CDNN

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
Anyone buy mags for Ruger 22 pistols from these guys? Have a MK1 and want a couple of MK2 mags and the prices they show are about half of everyone else. As the old saw goes, "If it sounds too good to be true....", well, you know. OTOH, don't want to pass up a good thing. Thanks.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I have purchased lots of magazines from CDNN over the years.
I have never had a problem.
If they say they are factory magazines then they are the real deal.
To answer your question , yes I have purchased MKII magazines from them.

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
Thank you.

Edit: Original Equipment is what the ad said at CDNN. Almost got me. ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT is the name of the mag manufacturer!!!!! Pretty sneaky!

Factory Ruger MK2 mags are same price as everyone else. As the old saying goes....

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Idaho Spud said:
Thank you.

Edit: Original Equipment is what the ad said at CDNN. Almost got me. ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT is the name of the mag manufacturer!!!!! Pretty sneaky!

Factory Ruger MK2 mags are same price as everyone else. As the old saying goes....
Yeah, that's pretty sleazy and I'm surprised CDNN is selling them that way. I guess you have to be certain it says Factory Magazine.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I agree it is misleading and the company that makes them knows exactly what they are doing and that is why they named their company that.
CDNN didn't come up with the name , they just sell them. They sell just about every brand out there.
If a magazine is from a gun manufacturer they always say " factory magazine " in the add.

mac66

Single-Sixer
But do they work?

I have a couple old after market MKII mags that fell apart. Been looking at the CDNN mags a lot recently since they are $13

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-mkii-10rd-22lr-magazine.html#.WlN7EainE2w

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
mac66 said:
But do they work?

I have a couple old after market MKII mags that fell apart. Been looking at the CDNN mags a lot recently since they are $13

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-mkii-10rd-22lr-magazine.html#.WlN7EainE2w

In a word - No. On my MkII the only ones that have worked reliably for me have been genuine Ruger magazines. The others are jam-o-matics. Sorry.

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
Well, I did contact CDNN re my first experience with them, waiting to see what they say. That said, they do have MK2 FACTORY mags on sale for $19.95 in case anyone is interested. 25 bucks or so seems to be the norm. Might get a couple.

edit: wound up getting a couple of FACTORY : ), MK2 mags to try in my A-100 MK1 from CDNN.

hittman

Staff member
I learned about CDNN from a member here about 10 years ago when I was a newbie.
Have bought from them many, many times ...... everything from small parts to grips to guns.
Always had a good experience with CDNN.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Idaho Spud said:
Well, I did contact CDNN re my first experience with them, waiting to see what they say. That said, they do have MK2 FACTORY mags on sale for $19.95 in case anyone is interested. 25 bucks or so seems to be the norm. Might get a couple.

edit: wound up getting a couple of FACTORY : ), MK2 mags to try in my A-100 MK1 from CDNN.

I found the link to the factory mags....

https://www.cdnnsports.com/mkii-22-10rd-ruger-fact.html#.WlTgFqinE2x

$7 per mag more but probably worth it just to save the aggravation.

I've bought lots of stuff through CDNN over the years. They are generally good to go.

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
I suggested to CDNN that some kind of disclaimer be given in the Original Equipment advertising. I was googling the Ruger mags and got the OEM ad. You can see how one might be confused. Like Buster said above OEM knows what they are doing: being deliberately misleading. Anyway I bought a couple of the factory offerings. All's good.

57springer

Buckeye
Idaho Spud said:
I suggested to CDNN that some kind of disclaimer be given in the Original Equipment advertising. I was googling the Ruger mags and got the OEM ad. You can see how one might be confused. Like Buster said above OEM knows what they are doing: being deliberately misleading. Anyway I bought a couple of the factory offerings. All's good.
very deceptive !

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
Unfortunately for me the local store for me that actually has these mags is 90 miles away. The "local " gun stores (12-15 miles) tell me they can order them for me. May as well do it myself.

mac66

Single-Sixer
I finally broke down and ordered some of the MkII factory mags from CDNN along with a bunch 10/22 mags to offset the flat rate shipping. Can never have too many 10/22 mags, they were $10/ea

jules

Single-Sixer
I bought half a dozen of those mags from them. They work but not all the time. First day out with them I didn't have but 2 jams. I figured ammo issue. The next time I tried them in a few other MKIIs and had jams in every gun with these mags. Using the same ammo with Factory mags I had no issues what so ever.
Buy Ruger factory mags.

Major T

Blackhawk
Buy the Ruger factory magazines from them. I have only bought Colt .45,,1911 mags from them. Advertised as by Chip McCormick. Delivered in C McC factory packaging and so marked on the magazines. The real deal as advertised. As to their pricing, they buy a lot of factory over runs at good prices and or in bulk. Their add says they have 74 of the Ruger factory magazines in stock. That is a lot of them.

Add. The factory Mini-14, 5 and 20, came in Ruger packages and were so marked on the magazines.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
The mec gar magazines are the only mags I will use other than factory. They seem identical to factory and I have seen suggestions that they may be Ruger's supplier?