Brass Grip Frames from Qualite Pistol & Revolver Company

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ClemBert

Bearcat
Does anyone know the details of whatever happened to the Qualite Pistol & Revolver Company. At one time they produced aftermarket brass and stainless steel grip frames for Rugers. Did they go belly up, retire, or just decide to exit the market? Anyone have specific knowledge of what happened? Perhaps there was never a real market for brass grip frames.

Additionally, interested in knowing if anyone currently makes brass grip frames.

bigboredad

Blackhawk
the last I heard is that milt morrison went to work for midway. but have no hard proof of that just the word of a friend that used to work for him in Denver

G2

Hunter
Milt and Karen did put the brass grip frame business on hold for now, They moved to Kentucky IIRC and no they don't have any frames stashed to sell. :cry:

As for brass grip frames for sale about the only think I sorta know of is Power Custom 2 piece frames, patterned after the colt's.
I have never used or even seen one in person, I do understand that they are nice and well made.
http://powercustom.com/store/index.php? ... ucts_id=67

flatgate

Hawkeye
To follow up on G2's post; Milt was having trouble getting a foundry to do the work at a reasonable price. It was my understanding that the grip frames were going to retail at the $300 and up level and Milt said "no way".

flatgate