Bonamassa …. Live from Royal Albert Hall

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I didn't watch the whole thing and did skip around some and was glad to see Clapton take the stage with him. Joe is a great blues guy and always admired him but haven't seen him live yet. That day will come soon I'm sure. He can play with the best of them. The only knock I would say is, his voice while pretty good isn't what I would say is bluesy enough but it's a tiny thing and his playing sure puts it on the back burner and out of mind. Think I'll look for this concert on CD and add to my collection.

How long before you start thinking about being center stage at R.A.H. Hittman?
Side note, the band that opened for Cream at their farewell concert there was a young Brit band getting their feet wet, YES and burgeoning Irish band Taste with another guitar virtuoso, Rory Gallagher. Imagine being at that piece of rock history! Thanks for posting.

hittman

Staff member
That video is from 2009 but is a really good concert. I like the behind the scenes stories too.
A stage appearance won't be happening in my lifetime I'm sure.

I'm still doing my Tuesday morning lesson and practicing and hour or two each day. New tasks are still a challenge but in recent weeks I learn them much quicker. Best part is my teacher noticed it too. He keeps me from developing bad habits and I'm always inspired and enthusiastic after our hour long lesson.

Ride1949

Hunter
Smokin'!!!..............Cello?
Keeps right up with Joe.

Blame it on hittman. He got me on a Bonamassa kick. 😋

John in WYO

Single-Sixer
RC44MAG,
You HAD to throw in Rory Gallagher.
Still one of my favorites from the 1970s
A million miles away….
Bad Penny and more.

Ride1949

Hunter
I lived right over "the hogback" from Red Rocks, just outside of the little town of Morrison. Red Rocks is an amazing place for concerts. Beautiful setting and fantastic acoustics. I saw many a concert there. I sure would have liked to have been there for this one.

Latest posts