Blackhawk Charger stock arrived

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

Pictures are from my cell phone since the wife has the camera. Apologies for the quality.

Grip is comfortable, a bit longer than I need, but I have small hands. The grip is hollow, and open through to the trigger/action. The texture of the grip reminds me of an XDm.

It shipped with a spacer in it, like what you see in the Blackhawk Serpa CQC holsters, to prevent it being crushed from side to side during shipment.

The area that the receiver screw passes through appears to be synthetic - no metal reinforcement. There are four ventilation holes on the bottom of the flat fore end, with a reinforcing rib inside running parallel to the barrel. That reinforcing rib continues forward, and intersects with two other ribs, making an asterisk-shaped area where the bipod stud is attached. On the inside, there is a knurled circular "nut" holding the bipod stud.

Informal testing at my desk during the first five minutes indicate that flex is non-existent. Left, right, up, down - the fore end is solid.

The rear sling attachment point is a quick-detatch (!). A push of the button in the center removes it completely. I have a Blackhawk Storm Single Point Sling 70GS15BK at my desk and will be attaching it shortly. Like right now.

Pretty comfortable, I used to own an H&K SP89 that I lost in a burglary. The rig I bought from H&K was intended to be used with isometric tension - you push the SP89 away from you, and the sling makes a sort of pseudo-stock.

One of the benefits of working in the industry is that no one looks twice at you walking around at work with this on... can't wait to get home and drop the charger in.

It has a matte finish, exactly like any of the other Knoxx stocks.

If anyone has any questions, ask away!

102909_10401.jpg

102909_10411.jpg

102909_10111.jpg

102909_10412.jpg

102909_10421.jpg

102909_10422.jpg

102909_10431.jpg