10/22 Stainless Zytel Boat Paddle Stock?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WFRII

Bearcat
Found one of these in a LGS that seems to be in really great shape.
I really don't need a 3rd 10/22 but figured this could be an all-weather plinker when I leave the Deluxe walnut stocked guns at home.

1) Assuming 95% condition, is $360 a fair price?

2) How do you attach a sling to one of these stocks?

Thanks!
WFR

G2

Hunter
Here are 2 builds using the Zytel Boat Paddel, I bought the stocks and both came with studs, When they were added?… no idea, but your post got me thinking,,, here's what I found…

The rear up from the bottom of the butt 2.25" got a hole drilled, ~1/2" deep, the stud was cut off just short of 1/2" and a spacer/ cushion washer installed, it feels very good & secure. The fronts have a stud installed in the barrel band. The front barrel band should be metal on that gun.
The top gun dates to 1999 was a Zytel Stainless. Barrel got changed out to a 22" with a ridicules flash suppressor, Leupold rimfire 4X, Brimstone Trigger, built to shoot Battleship.
52974886485_b33e0653c4_k.jpg

FWIW; I also bought one of these guns back in 2020, all blue, no swivel studs, in like new condition, paid $325.
As hittman reports; figured the stock alone is worth $100, the current all weather ~$30 if you know somebody is looking. (I have one) Might I also add, all metal trigger housing.
This gun dates to 2001, I don't know the historical dates of these stocks other than to say ~20-25+ years old, and there is a sorta cult following, but you have to part with it, which is no fun.

In looking for that gun to see what it had, found two in my stash,,, Zytel 10/22 stocks, neither had studs installed.
I really like the stock and plan is to give my grandsons guns built on them.

You didn't mention Blue or Stainless?

Last edited:

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Yep that boat paddle was a wild idea. Figures it would catch on after it was produced years later. Good one to have.