Anyone carry a 4" GP in the Bianchi UM84R holster?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfee

Blackhawk
Is the fit as good as some of the pics look? Snug, no sliding around in the slippery nylon? I have a fixed sight gun and snagging shouldn't be an issue. I assume the big wire clips will fit around a military style web pistol belt, yes? Bianchi says it is "reversible, ambidexterous" but I haven't seen one rigged left handed. Does it set up the same way for a southpaw?

wolfee said:
Is the fit as good as some of the pics look? Snug, no sliding around in the slippery nylon? I have a fixed sight gun and snagging shouldn't be an issue. I assume the big wire clips will fit around a military style web pistol belt, yes? Bianchi says it is "reversible, ambidexterous" but I haven't seen one rigged left handed. Does it set up the same way for a southpaw?

Can't say about fit, but yes the UM84 is reversible. The clip is for a web belt. But you can also use it on two different shoulder rigs, and as a thigh rig with the appropriate accessories. With or with full flap or safety strap. It will also fit a regular pistol belt using the slots.

I picked one up when Bianchi first put them out. Before he sold them to the military. Not pretty, but darned well made and adaptable.

DPris

Buckeye
Have one, have not carried it.
Good fit to the gun.
Carries on a web or leather belt.
Denis

9x19

Hunter
Yes it is a snug fit, no sliding around... I've had mine (in woodland camo) since about 1990... it traveled alot of miles while I was stationed in Colo Springs, both hunting, or just camping with the family/friends. I never headed for the forests without it, even for a single day 4-wheel drive excursion.

My standard rig was a USGI web belt with H-type suspenders and the UM84R with my GP100.

wolfee

Blackhawk
Thanks, sounds like what I am looking for. With a heavy GP on one side and a canteen on the other, I'll need those tactical suspenders too.

nmsu

Bearcat
a 4" GP 100 fits well. I can send you a couple of bad cell phone pics if you would like.

wolfee

Blackhawk
Thanks, not neccessary. I was mostly worried about fit. I have found several pics.

Dienekes

Single-Sixer
One here; got it about 3-4 years ago. Pricey, but practical, well made, fits the gun well. When carried on a proper belt (stiff, heavy,nylon or leather) it makes the gun seem lighter than it is.