Any interesting Bearcats out there?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hey Flatgate, there are MORE "D" Bearcats out there........

AlphD275ser.jpg

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Heliman":1qd3jzo0 said:
mike722":1qd3jzo0 said:
263355933.jpg

nice! I'll see your #119 and raise you with #120!

AAH HAA!! :shock: Thats where it is..........I've heard about "120" from Chad! :D At least I know where it is! 8) Very nice, indeed. My "119" has been shot and carried some and is not near as nice as yours, but than it is older. :lol:

Dave :wink:
OOH!!! Do we see some bargaining and bartering in the future? :D

mattz357

Bearcat
I see that "S" is second, what does "D" stand for? Those stainless custom guns are unbelievable!

flatgate

Hawkeye
mattz357":2t34axu2 said:
what does "D" stand for?

D followed by a three digit number is simply a "D" prefixed "Alphabet" Bearcat. Letters A through Z except for the letter O were used.

D followed or preceded by a 5 digit (or higher) number is a Duplicate gun. That is, the serial number was already utilized so the D is added to make the serial number "unique" so it follows the BATFE rules and regs.

The Duplicate s/n guns appear in most all the models of Rugers, believe it or not! One VERY INTERESTING exception, IMHO, are the Duplicate Serial Numbered Old Model .41 magnums. It's said that a batch exists where there are two examples of each serial number in a small range encompassing approximately 500 guns. None have been seen with the letter D applied.

flatgate

BlkHawk73

Hunter
flatgate":1uo5ttsq said:
Wow, that's one nice "job"! No bling, no bull, just very clean work.

Kudos to A.H., for sure!

Thanks for sharing!

flatgate

I Agree! The poor little Bearcat gets overlook so often as a platform for a facelift but that one, as flatgate says is just CLEEN! 8) Certainly gives me something to ponder...;)