Ammo on shelves

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gary Wells

Bearcat
Starting to see more ammo at Academy but still a little high, also WalMart seems to be getting more in. Maybe things are getting better we can only hope.

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
Zip, squat, nadda, zilch here in beautiful St. Augustine and southern Jax. I hit the Wally worlds, they haven't seen any last couple weeks. Gander Mtn. some recovery in the rifle calibers, shotgun ammo is spotty, No .22 LR to be had.
Geoff
Who needs more range time, possibly with an airgun, way things are going.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
Wally World is still empty here. I did manage to pick up some small pistol primers at a LGS last week. I am pretty much set for the rest of the year, or longer, except for .22lr. I would like to pick up another container of pistol powder soon, but have enough to be comfortable for now. Here's hoping things are getting better.

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
Wally world has some CCI Mini mag 22 ammo. $6.77! I have plenty. Saw a box at gs last weekend. $75 for a box of winchester "525" 22lr! The man had 6 boxes for sale, and still had them when the show ended sunday afternoon! BHK

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
My local Gander (Mtn) has squat left, some .40 Gold Dots Some .44 Mag and some 200gr Gold Dot .44 Specials. I was not tempted.
Geoff
Who hasn't seen .22LR Rimfire in months!

JumpmasterC

Single-Sixer
The local Turner's Outdoorsman puts their ammo shipments out before they open on Mon. If you go down there an hour or so before they open on Mon. morning & wait in line....when they open, they lotto off the ammo...I quit going after waiting in line a few times only to find out they "didn't get any" .22lr...right next door is a Walmart which I often check too. Right before Christmas last year was the last time I saw bricks of .22lr on their shelves!

6gun

Hunter
My nearest Cabela's had ammo in every cal. this morning limits of course, all I wanted was some 22RL, Mini mags were all they had and limited to one hundred round box so I didn't even bother buying one not worth the wait in line for that, but they had lots of 223, 45acp, 9mm, 40mm, and everything else, really the only empty shelf spots were where 22 bricks should be.

fido4x

Bearcat
No decent prices on 22LR online either. My local Walmart has nothing. I am getting .223/5.56 online at OK, not great, but at least at or less than .50/round for brass. Steel if you'll shoot it is fast approaching .40/round.

DGW1949

Hunter
Ammo on shelves?....I don't even bother with checking shelves anymore....meaning that most common ammo can be bought out of my local trade paper cheaper than what Walmart or Academy sells it for, and there's more available to boot.

More than one way to skin a cat.

DGW

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
I've bought one box of factory ammo in the last two years, and only because it was required for a chl renewal class. I'm sure glad I took up reloading three years ago .... should have done it 40 years ago. I do miss my weekly range trips with a couple hundred rounds through the 22's, but the handloaded magnums costing about the same as current .22 lr prices seem to more than make up the loss :D

surv

Ruber

Single-Sixer
Places that have raised prices 10-20% around here have .22 lr on the shelves reliably. Shops that have not raised prices have lines on the mornings they get their shipments in and sell out by mid morning.