Alternate P95 sights?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Paroxsym

Bearcat
Anyone know if there is anything besides the three-dot sight system available for the P95? I'm ok at using the factory sight, but I shot a friend's revolver that had a peep sight on the rear and an orange-ish red fiber optic sight on the front, and found out that I shoot much more accurately with that setup.

Albeit, I could just practice more. But I really like the setup that was on that revolver.

roylt

Hunter
Don't know about peep sights but there are options. Hiviz makes front sights. Then there is a few that make night sites.

Google around a bit and you find something you like I'm sure. I have a hiviz on my 94.

Good luck.

mrkman

Bearcat
I purchased the highviz in green for my p95. My groupings immediately improved! Please note this is a pin held dovetail and the new hiviz has to be jigged and drilled. Left that to a well qualified local gunsmith. Was worth every penny! So easy to see frontsight against rear whitedots! Food for thought!

Dirty Bob

Bearcat
I installed my own: I carefully removed the roll pins, then the sight. I placed the new sight in the slot and gently C-clamped it in place while I drilled the hole for the first pin (I drilled slowly and drilled from both sides). I slid the smooth shank of a 1/16" drill bit in the hole to help hold the sight in place (left the clamp in place, also. I then drilled the second hole and removed the sight to clean up everything. I used Blue Loctite on the sight and on the pins when installing.

I haven't had the chance to shoot the P95 with its new sight, but I hope to soon!

All my best,
Dirty Bob