All SOLD- Mammoth Ivory

Help Support Ruger Forum:

63November

Single-Sixer
I am offering three lots of old mammoth ivory. It's mostly core material, much of it checked and cracked, but layered in a useable fashion. It is dried for several years so it quite stable. Each lot is $120, shipping included via USPS medium Flat Rate. All three lots can be purchased for $300, shipped. Paypal preferred.

IMG_067211.JPG

Lot #1 - (darker piece on the left is 9 1/2 inches long)

IMG_06717.JPG

Lot #2 (longest piece is 11 inches for reference)

IMG_06707.JPG

Lot #3 - (Longest pieces are just over 10 inches for reference)

Lots of good material here whether you are new to this stuff or have a lot of experience with it. Good scales possibilities as well as jewelry potential; thick, solid pistol grip sections are doubtful however. If this doesn't sell here, or elsewhere - it is posted on another site- I will cut sections out and post them individually or in pairs.... for more $$$ of course.

IMG_1192.JPG

I've made grip inserts from some of this core material, and it polishes up with nice character, color, and depth. Real ivory is hard to match.

Please PM. You can also post an "I'll take it" here if you wish. Earliest date stamp holds preference whether public or private.

LSCG

Buckeye
folks this is a pretty good deal on this amount of Mammoth Ivory. it looks like there are some good pieces for knives and jewelry as is or if a feller was smart he'd send it off to be stabilized and then have some sizable chucks that look like they'd work for grips.

if I didn't just buy two 44's yesterday i'd probably be getting all three lots myself.

best of luck with the sale Sir!

63November

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I hope it's a fair deal and believe it is.

The three lots together amount to over 25 pounds of material. That's about $12/lb if someone wanted all three lots. It would be pretty hard to find a deal for twice that much, and 3x or 4x is very common. I can entertain this offer for the next week or so, but then I'll be gone for a few weeks, so don't delay if you want it.

Thanks

Latest posts