a first time owner's review of the p95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sicboy13

Single-Sixer
Alright, just got back from the local range & put over 100 rounds thru the P95 without a single issue, no FTF, FTE, or stovepipes. I am VERY pleased with my purchase. I was shooting at paper targets from 7 yards and my aim sucks, but I was able to put each round within a few inches of what I was aiming at, that is good enough for now! I also brought out my Taurus m94 .22 snubby. That was my first gun purchase and well, a silly purchase as it's just a pea shooter. I was a little more accurate with that believe it or not, but I would obviously take the Ruger 9mm over a .22 of any brand.

I no longer fear the field strip, in fact I am getting ready to strip and clean her down now :)....

wixedmords

Blackhawk
sicboy13":2x8mql7r said:
Alright, just got back from the local range & put over 100 rounds thru the P95 without a single issue, no FTF, FTE, or stovepipes. I am VERY pleased with my purchase. I was shooting at paper targets from 7 yards and my aim sucks, but I was able to put each round within a few inches of what I was aiming at, that is good enough for now! I also brought out my Taurus m94 .22 snubby. That was my first gun purchase and well, a silly purchase as it's just a pea shooter. I was a little more accurate with that believe it or not, but I would obviously take the Ruger 9mm over a .22 of any brand.

I no longer fear the field strip, in fact I am getting ready to strip and clean her down now :)....

A-A-A-A-T-T-T-T-A-A-A-Boy, sicboy !!!

It is good that the thread mentioned that too much lube/grease on the rails can be an issue and not enough can be an issue. It depends on how easily the slide, ...um...slides. A looser slide may be all set. Usually a new gun can use a little help until it loosens up.

Now go forth and rock on. :)

sicboy13

Single-Sixer
I failed to mention, these were the white box of 100 Winchester FMJ target rounds. I just got back from wally world and they had about 6 boxes, I wanted to buy them all, but i exhibited restraint...

THANKS to everyone here, I mean it. I love forums. I find all the help I ever need in places like this :)

sicboy13

Single-Sixer
So I took the P95 out today & ran some Gold Saber HP's thru it, just 5, to make certain they had no issues in the gun. They didnt :)

Then fired a few mags each of the Winchester SXT training rounds and the WWB. ABout 100 rounds in all, no issues whatsoever!

About 5 of the 8 people on the range noticed I had a Ruger and came over to inspect it, low and behold I saw a P89, an LCP, a sweet green SR9, and a Mark...

Gun ran smooth, now the Pontiac, thats a new issue altogether. I stopped at Wally world to get some supplies, i.e. eye protection, targets, and picked up the tactical holster they sell for the air guns (seems sturdy & fits like a glove, $6.59)....went outside to leave and my friggin ignition cylinder was frozen up. So there I sat for an hour in the Wally world parking lot with my guns in a backpack waiting for my wife to pick me up. Felt like a real winner there...oh well, poop happens.