77RS Flat bolt .308

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I located a Model 77RS .308 today. It is in pretty good shape and I can get it for less than $450. ONE problem, the previous owner etched his DL number on the bolt release. Are the bolt release levers hard to come by?? :?

Dave :)

I don't know if the levers are hard to come by but I would be all over that rifle if it was around here. I don't see many .308s much less flatbolts and I have been looking.

rugnelli

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Dave, I'd be on it like you know what! I found a good one in Tulsa but why do I always have to pay $600 +++ ???? You are livin' right my friend.

Well guys, I bought the flat bolt. I wound up giving $400 for it. 77's aren't my niche, but it has a 22" barrel, sights and what I believe to be the original rings. I assume this makes it a 77RS. SN is 70-14727. I will post picks later. Not sure what I will do with it yet. The stock needs refinishing. There is some bluing wear. I would guess it is around 90% condition. Maybe I will bring it with me "as is" to Boise in January. I will have some Ruger experts evaluate it for me. 8)

Dave