77/22 ring height question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

theavrin

Bearcat
I'm in the process of getting a 77/22. I'm going to order some Millett angle loc rings for a 44mm objective Intensity scope. Millett customer service thinks medium rings are high enough, but they aren't for sure. Does anyone know for sure if a 44 will clear with medium rings or if I need to get the high rings? The Millett rings are much cheaper than the Ruger rings and I can get them from Nathez SS.
Thanks.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Is the scope an AO? If so, medium rings prolly aren't high enough. If not, I think they'll do.

I have a 4x-12x 40 AO on my 77/22V (heavy barrel) with the factory rings that came with the gun (mediums, I'm assuming) and it clears fine. AO scopes are about "one size larger" than non-AO scopes, i.e., the objective bell diameter of a 32mm AO is about the same as a 40 non-AO. So my 40 AO is about the same as as 44 non-AO.

I think the medium rings are worth a try but if they don't work, Natchez is good about exchanges (though you'll be out for postage). Midway is also real good people to work with.

Snake45

Hawkeye
If it helps, here's how close mine is with medium rings and the 40AO scope. I'm thinking you're going to need the highs for a 44AO.

M700M77600.jpg

Latest posts