678s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Seems to me the T-678s with a U.S. stamp are missing from this discussion. Six different shipments depending on serial number. Also these military arms come in both small serial numbers as well as large. The serial numbers of all the T-678s all guns from 15000 to 15999 are to be considered as single, two, or three digit guns. This is because they started at 15000. One of those is missing from my collection. My earliest T-678 is 1635X. All of those guns would be red eagles. I beleive the above is correct but consulted memories not books.

rock 22

Single-Sixer
I have a few 678s two red eagles one is serial number 15074 the other is in the 15000 range also a couple of U.S. marked. U.S. are consecutive serial numbers one is nice looking pistol the other has been reblue but they are consecutive

Last edited:

SATCOM

Blackhawk
I have a few 678s two red eagles one is serial number 15074 the other is in the 15000 range also a couple of U.S. marked. U.S. are consecutive serial numbers one is nice looking pistol the other has been reblue but they are consecutive
Consecutive U.S. marked guns, that is one I have never heard of before! Did you find them together? When released to MCA just never thought about consecutive #s but released in blocks so..... In these releases to MCA most all were reblued weren't they? I do not consider my reblued U.S. guns to have deep discounted value. Are your consecutive US guns in 76xxx or 77xxx or 305xxx? Just wondering as that is where mine are.

Yes it does get confusing and MORE variations are out there like the group picture we put up earlier, the bottom two guns on the right side are BOTH the same numbers an RST-4 with the "D" duplicate T678.........

gmPmR7bl.jpg

"and so it goes...." RIP Wil Terry.......:rolleyes::cool:;)

rock 22

Single-Sixer
Consecutive U.S. marked guns, that is one I have never heard of before! Did you find them together? When released to MCA just never thought about consecutive #s but released in blocks so..... In these releases to MCA most all were reblued weren't they? I do not consider my reblued U.S. guns to have deep discounted value. Are your consecutive US guns in 76xxx or 77xxx or 305xxx? Just wondering as that is where mine are.
They are 76000-77000 range found them separate long story on getting second one had to buy another one to trade for the consecutive number.