4" RH 44mag+LeverGunLeather Holster & Belt+Grashorn

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tankhead

Bearcat
Hey Lever, I didn't know you were a member here also. I am also very happy to have found and contacted you from somebody's link on this site. I was looking for something a little special and am very happy with your artwork/craftmanship. I will wear/enjoy it with as much pride as the revolver that it's holding. Having just got it tonite I'm appreciating it the more I look at the detail. I want to thank you again for all the extra time you spent with me being such a greenhorn to handguns. Yes, it's my first. And after just getting my first muzzleloader, hopefully we can get together on something special for that also. I wish all the best to you AND your loved ones. :!:

Levergun

Bearcat
Howdy Tankhead,
I don't know if this was your intention or not, but it just clicked for me this morning after looking at your hand gun (which is a beauty by the way, I love your grips) head tail hawk or red hawk for your read hawk holster. Pretty cool! Thank you for your order and your kind words!

Sincerly,
Lever

Levergun

Bearcat
Thanks Guys but it was Tankheads idea for the holster rig, not mine. I just did what he described to me. Thanks for the kind words.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
So Tankhead, I see you've got your rig nicely put together after the pages of debate awhile ago. How's it handling and working out?

Tankhead

Bearcat
I don't mind the recoil. But, damn it bites when shooting. 20 rounds no gloves.... And yes yesterday's range session w/ the 300win mag rifle and .50 cal Omega ML this is the first time shootin it.

Would the wood grips cause this too? I got these.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
As I recall you are a big guy too, you might want to try out something like a roper style grip. It fills in the space behind the trigger guard, and gives you a little extra on the bottom to grab onto.

Denny

Single-Sixer
I have wanted a 4" Redhawk and am considering sending it out for a chop job to that length from 7 1/2" It would go great with my carbine

countryboy

Single-Sixer
Tankhead,

Nice looking leather and RH.

When I first got my 4" RH I took the factory Hogue rubber grips off and replaced them with the old style wood grips which looked better to me. More than once, I had a bite taken out of my hand in the same place. It was mostly my fault for choking up on the grip to much causing the corner of the frame to dig in to the webbing on my hand. I bought a Rosewood Hogue mono grip with custom fish scale checkering and I have had it on my RH for a while now. I really it and it helps out a lot. In my opinion, it looks good too.

14joy0m.jpg

mufpfr.jpg

Levergun

Bearcat
Howdy Countryboy,
Nice looking grips on the 44. I like it!

Nice looking website too. Looks like you do some good leather work!

I wish you well.

Lever

countryboy

Single-Sixer
Levergun":3ox8bmxi said:
Howdy Countryboy,
Nice looking grips on the 44. I like it!

Nice looking website too. Looks like you do some good leather work!

I wish you well.

Lever

Thanks for the compliment. That is some very nice looking gear you offer as well.

Ryan

Tankhead

Bearcat
countryboy":1f0iauq8 said:
Tankhead,

Nice looking leather and RH.

When I first got my 4" RH I took the factory Hogue rubber grips off and replaced them with the old style wood grips which looked better to me. More than once, I had a bite taken out of my hand in the same place. It was mostly my fault for choking up on the grip to much causing the corner of the frame to dig in to the webbing on my hand. I bought a Rosewood Hogue mono grip with custom fish scale checkering and I have had it on my RH for a while now. I really it and it helps out a lot. In my opinion, it looks good too.

14joy0m.jpg

mufpfr.jpg

Thanks for the help. I need to do something. I don't want to be getting a blister whenever I shoot. I was looking at the Hogues. Already downloaded their catalog with my favorites before deciding on the elk grips. I was thinking maybe it was the corner of the grip that was creating the blister. See pic.