3 Leather Holsters for GP 100's & SP 101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ifithitu

Single-Sixer
413250194.jpg

GP 100 Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum 4" & Galco Gunleather Holster.
GP 100 Ruger .357 Magnum 4" Match Champion & Bianchi Holster.
SP 101 Ruger .357 Magnum 3" & Bianchi Holster

22/45 Fan

Hunter
ifithitu said:
Jimbo357mag said:
Those will work just fine but a Redhawk is not a GP-100. :wink:
Thanks I always thought it was ,I just started buying Ruger revolvers about a year and a half ago.
The fact that the Redhawk was significantly bigger and heavier should have made it fairly obvious that they aren't the same frame. :)

ifithitu

Single-Sixer
22/45 Fan said:
ifithitu said:
Jimbo357mag said:
Thanks I always thought it was ,I just started buying Ruger revolvers about a year and a half ago.
The fact that the Redhawk was significantly bigger and heavier should have made it fairly obvious that they aren't the same frame. :)
I started my collection of handguns,shotguns, & rifles a few years ago. Now i'll be the first to say there's a lots I don't know about any revolvers,semi autos. shotguns.and rifles. that why i'm in these forums to learn something everyday. I didn't know a J-frame from a L or K frame when I first started, about seven years ago. I'm learning! :mrgreen: :)

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
The Super Redhawk, Redhawk, GP-100 and SP-101 are all very similar double-action revolvers and are Ruger's heavy duty line up. They have recently added the LCR double-action models, which are lighter and easier to shoot.

...now that we covered that, can we also get you interested in Ruger single-action guns? :mrgreen:

k22fan

Blackhawk
I like Bianchi's 5BH (5BHL?) holster. For those who do not know that's ifitthiu's GP-100 holster. They are usually lined and cost less than other wise equivalent unlined Galco holsters. Now all you need is a set of original style wood Redhawk grips. Wearing them a Redhawk does not loose its traditional revolver appearance.

k22fan

Blackhawk
Jimbo357mag said:
[...] now that we covered that, can we also get you interested in Ruger single-action guns? :mrgreen:
You mean Old Armys? Seriously, it sounds like he's already stretching an average guy's budget.

Tip

Single-Sixer
ifithitu said:
Jimbo357mag said:
Hey, ifithitu...
I'd say you're not doing too bad. Ruger revolvers have been my focus for only a few years more than you. So, I'm a relative newcomer, too. Welcome to the fold!

I just came across this Redhawk in .45 Colt. I couldn't get the proprietor ro come down enough on the price, though.

ifithitu

Single-Sixer
Jimbo357mag said:
The Super Redhawk, Redhawk, GP-100 and SP-101 are all very similar double-action revolvers and are Ruger's heavy duty line up. They have recently added the LCR double-action models, which are lighter and easier to shoot.

...now that we covered that, can we also get you interested in Ruger single-action guns? :mrgreen:
Yeah I have the LCR .38 SPL.+P also and a couple of Ruger semi auto's.

413392265.jpg