264 win mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

krankie

Bearcat
I am trying to get an approximate value of a Ruger m77 tang safety in 264 win mag. Any ideas?

wwb

Hunter
Hard to tell.... first, what kind of condition? Mint, used but not abused, or well used?

The big one - .264 mag is pretty rare, since there weren't that many produced (relative to other M77s which were in much more popular calibers). The rarity helps the price, but there aren't that many buyers for a .264, so you need to find that one guy who really wants it, otherwise you would have to price it REALLY low to sell it.

Scope - unless it's top-shelf glass, the scope adds little or nothing to the value. Even if it's a great scope, it may not be what the buyer wants. Take it off and sell it separately.

Not much help in answering your question - just things to consider. If I had to take a wild guess, it could run anywhere from $350 to $800.

hittman

Staff member
mcknight77 said:
Condition, condition, condition.

And age and finish.

I don't know when they made them or how many but I wonder about blued or stainless, and flat bolt or round, and wood or synthetic, and prefix serial number or other??

sd550

Bearcat
Not any help with the price, but I've wondered if they changed the cal. name to 6.5 Win Mag if that would help revive the caliber, I know it can be loaded from mild to wild and spank the 6.5 Creedmoor on it's best day.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
krankie said:
I am trying to get an approximate value of a Ruger m77 tang safety in 264 win mag. Any ideas?

Recall seeing one VG-EXC wood, medium barrel, 90%+ metal n finish. $1150-ish tag overall "keeper condition", but I passed for another. :wink: