25/06 100 grain E-tip Nosler factory ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just bought 6 boxes of this for $19/box delivered. My primary 25/06 likes 100 grainers and after noticing some questionable bullet performance from what I've been using I decided to take the gamble.

6mm Remington

Single-Sixer
If your rifle shoots it well, you will love the performance on game. My son shoots a 6mm Remington with a 90 gr. E-tip and has used it on several antelope, a nice mule deer buck, and his first elk which was taken with one shot at 350 yards! I have tested them shooting them into water jugs at 25, 100, 200, 300, 400 yards. I haven't done it at 500 yet with the E-tip. It's performance on game and into the water jugs has been excellent. They really hold together and yet expand nicely.

If I can get the stupid photobucket to work I can post up some pictures.

My custom barreled Savage 25/06 is a laser beam that has reduced a lot of deer and coyotes to possession so I'm hoping these work out. I get more recoil intolerant every year so the 25/06 is becoming the tool of choice for places that offer longer range opportunities.

Update on this topic:
I used this ammo to take a big buck Saturday. First shot @ 150 yards was a little high and forward as he was trotting quartering away through scattered trees. Struck forward of the onside shoulder missed the spine but dropped him on the spot. After approx 30 seconds, he recovered enough to push himself along with hind legs so I continued to shoot. A fringe hit and a miss followed by a broadside to the lungs finished the episode. The lung hit produced a full penetration with 1" exit while the shoulder/neck shot left approx 1" through and through wound through 12-15" of solid muscle. These are fairly tough bullets maybe on the order of the AccuBond line. If things continue to go poorly with my right shoulder, this may become my only option for elk but I think it will work well if carefully placed in the ribcage.

6mm Remington

Single-Sixer
Mobuck said:
Update on this topic:
I used this ammo to take a big buck Saturday. First shot @ 150 yards was a little high and forward as he was trotting quartering away through scattered trees. Struck forward of the onside shoulder missed the spine but dropped him on the spot. After approx 30 seconds, he recovered enough to push himself along with hind legs so I continued to shoot. A fringe hit and a miss followed by a broadside to the lungs finished the episode. The lung hit produced a full penetration with 1" exit while the shoulder/neck shot left approx 1" through and through wound through 12-15" of solid muscle. These are fairly tough bullets maybe on the order of the AccuBond line. If things continue to go poorly with my right shoulder, this may become my only option for elk but I think it will work well if carefully placed in the ribcage.
Congratulations and yes it will work on elk just fine. These are great bullets and they really hold together very well.

"If you do your part with bullet selection and shot placement, 25-06 is a wonder cartridge."

I fully agree. I was enamored with the 257 Wby for many years but the recoil hindered my accuracy. The 25/06 falls about 50 yards short of the point blank range of the Wby but often it's the wind drift not the bullet drop that makes long range hunting iffy.