.22lr bulk ammo prices

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sfetty

Bearcat
What is a good price for .22lr bulk ammo (500+rounds)? Best I've seen on the internet is $79.95 per 525 rounds. That almost makes me sick to type that :?

6gun

Hunter
$25 is the max. I would pay for it, any more than that they can keep it.

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
$20.00 and that is it!

From $12.00/$15.00 per box to $20.00 over about three years is way enough increase in my opinion...

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
In my area it's been anywhere from $20 to $30 depending on what it is.(Win333,Fed.value,golden bullets,thunderbolts,cci standard)
But stingers,mini mags,velociter,yellow jackets,& Win HV's are $6 or $7 dollars for 50ct.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Bulk is an odd term. 325 is bulk and so is 550? One is nearly twice the other. $0.08 per round in person plus tax or the same plus REASONABLE shipping makes sense even though it's a lot more than a year ago.

LightningMan

Bearcat
Wally-World had some Federal 550 rd. boxes for around $25 with a 3 box limit. They didn't last a half hour, as they only got one case of 10 boxes that day. BTW I picked up some Wolf Match at my LGS this past weekend for $65 a 500 rd brick, but Wolf has always been high priced even before the SHTF a few years back. LM

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
Yea to break it down $.05 to $.08 a pc. for value 22's
And $.10 to $.16 for what I call the "premium 22's."
I don't mess around with the real premium stuff.(the .30 target ones)

BradB

Bearcat
ProBass in my area had CCI 22LR in the cool blue tinted 100 rd boxes for 7.99. I think it was just standard minimag copper coated non fancy no-hype velocity "make you gun useful again" ammo. That's 8 pennies per round so bulk pack 500 should definitely be no more than $40.00. Especially since your not getting those plastic tinted boxes that hold the shells in those perfect little rows of 5.

No matter how you choose to overpay; if your buying ammo these days that's exactly what your doing. Just try to find better pricing and always keep a little on hand so your gun doesn't fall into the useless category. Good luck. Brad

donut757

Blackhawk
i havent seen any .22 bulk packs for a year. I have seen a few 50 or 100 rd boxed of various CCI stuff, but it was all $8-10. A buddy of mine did get me a 50 rd box of Eley this past summer... not sure why he did but i havent shot it yet.

A buddy of mine went to the gun show a few weeks ago... he said he saw three guys selling 500 rd boxes, one was $55 one was $70 and the last was $100... he said each guy only had a few.

We just arent getting the ammo here, cant wait til we do.

I have refused to pay the inflated prices.... i only recently was able to order some 9mm, 45 acp, .223, and .38 online for regular prices and get free shipping. Other than shotgun shells, its the only ammo i have bought it over a year and half

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Yep, prices have been out of sight forever...and eventually they'll come down somewhat....but like current gas prices, they'll never go back to the "good ole days".

At the present time, if you discount my investment in dies, furnace, molds and handles purchased over the past 50 years (with a dry basement, that stuff never wears out), I'm loading 240 gr LSWC's for .44 Magnum for the miserly sum of 6 cents a piece...and that's only when I have to pay $20 for 100 lbs. of wheel weights! 9mm is a penny cheaper! I've worked up loads for all of my rifles that chrono less than 1600 fps for practice use and training with grand kids and wives.

Casting your own is a worthwhile alternative...safe if you're conscious of the molten metal hazards, and fun too if you get a kick out of rolling your own. The loads you put up for your deer rifle can be as accurate at those with jacketed bullets, and as quiet as a .22.

Just offering an alternative to the gouging that's going on now...and one that'll give you some options if the current trends become the norm....keep your powder dry...Rod

Rclark

Hunter
No one around here has seen any bulk .22 ammo for over a year.... But around $20 for 550 is what I'd expect to pay.... I am down 15 boxes .... so when they come back, I'll be in line.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
I guess this is showing my age but I remember getting 22lr 500 round bulkpacks of Remington thunderbolt for 9.99 .and that was the normal every day price sometimes gunshops would have a sale and it would be around 8.00 or so. I check walmart every week when the wife and I are there shopping, about 6 weeks ago we managed to each snag a Winchester 555 bulk pack for 24.99 each and were glad to get them . the week before we got those I picked up 3 Winchester super x 100 round packs for about 7$ each .I local gunshop I buy from and hang out at was unloading an ammo shipment last week while I was there they were pricing and stocking bricks of aguilla 22 lr ammo for 54.99 to 59.99 a brick .they'll be selling snow cones in hell before I pay that for 22 ammo . im sitting on 5 value packs and a few 100 packs hoping the price gets somewhat back to normal someday but until then I have a pair of 22 rifles and a pair of 22 handguns that don't get out much in my opinion even the 24.99 is to much . in our area we have a$$holes being tipped off as to when local walmarts get there ammo then they go buy it all and then advertise it for sale on local classifieds for double or triple what they pay for it .

LightningMan

Bearcat
Just today, I went to Wally world at 7:00 am (they put the ammo out at around 7:15) They had Federal bulk boxes 525 rds. for $20.97 per box with a 3 box limit. I got my 3 boxes, of the 20 they got in, but they also had some Remington 225rd boxes for $11.97 per box, so if you weren't lucky enough to get 3 of 525 rd federals, you could get 3 of the 225rd Remingtons. I'm glad I held off on buying some 50rd boxes of federal ammo for $3.99 per box with a 4 box limit that came in the other day at big sporting goods store, as it was the same ammo just different packaging and a difference of 4 cents a round vs 8 cents. Say what you want about Wal-Mart but they don't price gouge you like some LGS will. LM