SOLD 1957 RSS Single Six with Custom Case Color Frame, Adjustable Sights, Stag Grips!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
This is a customized old model Single Six from 1957. It has not been converted to the transfer bar action, but it is certainly not all original either. The frame has been either case colored or actually case hardened. The sights are aftermarket adjustable style. And the grips are real stag aftermarket grips. There was a guy on this forum years ago who collected old, fixed sight Rugers that had Micro adjustable sights added, and I suspect that he would have snapped this one up in spite of the sights not being the Micro brand. But sadly, he passed away a few years before I found this one for him several years ago. I put it away when I learned that and just found it again while digging deep in the safe. There are a few patches of missing anodizing around the trigger guard as shown in the last pic, but otherwise it seems to be in very nice condition. The grips themselves should be worth about $300. A very unique piece that would look good in a display of older guns showing non-factory upgrades. The pictures don't do the case colors justice, it is very well done.

SPF $700 shipped FFL to FFL (sorry, no C&R due to USPS regulations)

RSS-67584-modified-01.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-02.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-03.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-04.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-05.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-06.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-07.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-08.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-09.JPG

RSS-67584-modified-10.JPG

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
With a Ronnie Wells OM Single Six plow handle Bisley hammer in the parts box, I couldn't not buy this one.

44Squatch

Single-Sixer
Help my memory a bit … what was the "name" of the Gent who bought every adjustable sight single six that came across the forum? It was always fun to watch …

Was it member Americal?

JAYDAWG

Single-Sixer
Was it member Americal?
I just posted to this thread.
Wish the pictures were still available!!

JaydaWg

44Squatch

Single-Sixer
Good memories Gentlemen.
Geez, can't believe he's been gone that long.
Sure seemed like he scooped up every one!
Thanks … enjoy

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I'd like to see pics of those with the Micro sight.
I did a search and found a couple where I actually included the word "Micro" in the folder names.

This is a converted (with original parts present) RSSM with both front and rear Micro sights

RSSMX-Micro1.jpg

RSSMX-Micro-large-1.jpg

RSSMX-Micro2.jpg

RSSMX-Micro3.jpg

RSSMX-Micro-large-3.jpg

And here is a red eagle standard auto with at least a Micro rear. Not sure about the pedigree of the front sight, and I remember Wayne didn't know either (but he had to have the gun!).

RST4-Micro-1.jpg

RST4-Micro-3.jpg

RST4-Micro-4.jpg

And here (top) is one of the kits to add them to a fixed sight gun:
MicroSights1.jpg

That one was not my pic, I found it in my "Carl" folder from our old buddy flatgate

OMCHamlin

Single-Sixer
Ahh, COOL, thanks! Like I mentioned, I HAVE a Micro sight in my little parts bins somewhere, I will post a pic of it when I find it. Would seem a front sight from mostly anybody, so long as it's height & width were correct, could mate up to a Micro rear. I was pleased to find that flat top Blackhawk last year, with it's Ruger installed Micro rear. That gun needs some prettier stocks and I guess I should locktite every last screw in her, because dang if they don't all seem to loosen up quickly.