10 inch MK-IV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
I haz stainless model for highest weight IMG_0598.jpeg

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
10 inch Mark IV.jpg

I need to shoot my 10 inch off a rest. It's too heavy for two handed holds. I'll bet it would make a great silhouette gun though.

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
View attachment 35795
I need to shoot my 10 inch off a rest. It's too heavy for two handed holds. I'll bet it would make a great silhouette gun though.

What is that?

As for the 10" Mk IV...

I shoot IHMSA Silhouette, both big bore and .22 LR. When shooting in what's called the Creedmore position(*), the longer sight radius helps along with the added benefit of being less likely to shoot your leg calf (although I have used my 6-7/8" Mk II for 35 years). So, when shooting in that manner, weight helps more than hurts.

(*) The Creedmore position dates way back to the original 1874 1000-yard Creedmore match when the upstart US team defeated the top-rated Irish marksmen on the very last shot,

The position as typically seen in IHMSA today is this:

Although it is most often shot with s T/C Contender or XP-100.

Last edited:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I'd definitely go with the stainless steel version to help balance out the weight. Anyone here tested out a scoped Mk IV version for accuracy vs. a Mk II?

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
And then there's always the nonsensical upgrade, 3 > 24 rifle scope. I don't remember the brand and there are no markings on the scope. This is a tack driver.

Attachments

• With Rifle Scope.jpg
    With Rifle Scope.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 30